Title. First of all, what skills and techniques do I have to include in it and how much time how should I spend on each one. I will be playing probably bout' 2 hours a day during the week, and 3 hours a day on the weekends. I want to learn quite a few different techniques so your suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help.
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
well how long have you been playing?
if your just starting off(which is probably why your postng this thread..duuh), than i'd strogly recomend lessons, your teacher will tell you what you need to practice.
but if you cant get lessons, pickup a hal leanord book or something, learn some open chords, like G, D, and C.
Then learn the main chord progression to uncle johns band by the greatful dead(they use only thos chords for that part)
Quote by stratdud39
well how long have you been playing?
if your just starting off(which is probably why your postng this thread..duuh), than i'd strogly recomend lessons, your teacher will tell you what you need to practice.
but if you cant get lessons, pickup a hal leanord book or something, learn some open chords, like G, D, and C.
Then learn the main chord progression to uncle johns band by the greatful dead(they use only thos chords for that part)

I have actually been playing guitar for a year and a few months with a teacher until just about a few weeks ago. I'm only posting this thread because in the time I've been playing I've never made a schedule of what I should practice every day.
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
Quote by JackWhite333
I have actually been playing guitar for a year and a few months with a teacher until just about a few weeks ago. I'm only posting this thread because in the time I've been playing I've never made a schedule of what I should practice every day.

O
in that case, do you know any scales yet?
What did the teacher that you had have you do? I am curious about what he expected you to do and also to give your thread a bump.
I would say start with a half hour of warming up, then like 25 or 30 on finger exercises and tech stuff, then I usually go online and play backing tracks and try to work on my phrasing over them, then I learn songs, or parts of songs, then I just jam. That takes me about 2 and a half or 3 hours and I've been playing for about 3 years. I can play curse of castle dragon by Paul Gilbert (not really the solo haha) so that gives you an idea on how it will help you I guess. By the way, I don't do this all the time. Sometimes I don't do anything like this and I play longer sometimes, so yeah.