Page 1 of 2
Not including Les Paul himself, that'd defeat the purpose of this thread.
Just stole it from that stratocaster thread
EDIT: not to totally steal threads, but whos the "les paul master"?
Last edited by stratdud39 at Dec 17, 2008,
Quote by kurtcobainsucks
slash

+1
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Jimmy Page, yeah i know its so fuc.king cliche but its true, listen to him live.
Smart Pothead and Proud
Slash all da way man! Or Buckethead (i think he plays a paul)
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by John5rules125
Slash all da way man! Or Buckethead (i think he plays a paul)

Amongst other assorted Gibson machinery, yes.
Slash and Page probably
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Slash or Page. Either one is good.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
I wish guitarists would stop worshiping the same six tasteless posturing asshole musicians.
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
wyllde
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by drewsta42
I wish guitarists would stop worshiping the same six tasteless posturing asshole musicians.

Damb straight
Quote by drewsta42
Can you list them for me?
Gary Moore Ftw
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Kirk Hammett.

Yes, I know he doesn't always use it, but it's present at each show.

Also, Neal Schon.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
You want us to tell you the real Les Paul man is, but it can't be Les Paul? Next thread is gonna be "who is the razorback man (but it can't be dime)".
Quote by Midnight Murk

haha yea we at least deserve a list.....why are you so mad drewsta.....

joe perry might deserve a nod for the this, maybe peter frampton too

but the true icon is slash or page

Slash
Quote by masterk1818
Ya well when i wrestle/play with my dog he sometimes jumps on my back and starts humping me. But should he be doing this if he is neutered?

Quote by InvaderTSN
Wrestle with him naked. He'll ruv you rong time.

flickr
Quote by SeveralSpecies

....no homo?
What? It can't be Les Paul himself?
It would be Slash otherwise, no doubt about it.
UG's AC/DC Lover
I'm gonna say slash. not because im a fan boy. its because when u see slash u think les paul u dont do that as much with other players but to be honest along with strats there to common to tell who has really mastered all aspects of there instrument.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Slash.

He has so many LPs, I wonder if he'll mind if I ask for one.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by Midnight Murk
I didn't mean six literally, little miss specific. I just meant there's a tiny circle of "gittar g0dz" every ****ing kid wants to sound like and it's just a colossal waste of effort and squandered opportunities for innovation. Music's about interpretation and expression, but instead of artists we're hiring xerox machines.

BUT to satisfy your pedantry here are the six:
Slash Page Hendrix Clapton Dimebag Morello
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
Quote by drewsta42
I didn't mean six literally, little miss specific. I just meant there's a tiny circle of "gittar g0dz" every ****ing kid wants to sound like and it's just a colossal waste of effort and squandered opportunities for innovation. Music's about interpretation and expression, but instead of artists we're hiring xerox machines.

Morello? Seriously? I'd throw out a guy like EVH way before Morello as a default guitar god choice.
Quote by Shabadoo
Morello? Seriously? I'd throw out a guy like EVH way before Morello as a default guitar god choice.
Well I mean obviously there are more. Did you read the paragraphs above the list? They're what I actually meant. But it's sickening how many people put ****ing killswitches on their guitars just because the Rage guy has one... he's pretty well idolized. Other ones are like Vai/Satriani (same thing I think) Buckethead, you know, but trying to be any of them is a waste of time. Just be your own ****ing guitarist
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
Slash...
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
I'd say Slash and Page. They both are pretty much responsible for inspiring me to play guitar.
Gibson.
Quote by irishstang_87
You want us to tell you the real Les Paul man is, but it can't be Les Paul? Next thread is gonna be "who is the razorback man (but it can't be dime)".

RIP Dime
slash and page, no question

And I don't see how listening to slash and page makes me a "xerox machine".

Before i got into rock music, i listened rap/techno **** and stumbled upon some guns n' roses on limewire. Sounded like a rap group at first haha. After that, I haven't turned back to that ****ty genre.

just because someone is "mainstream" doesn't mean they don't deserve to be.
Quote by drewsta42

+1x a million
Quote by drewsta42

I don't wanna sound like any of them. I wanna sound like Michael Amott. I guess that makes me cool

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Page 1 of 2