I plan on getting a new amp for Christmas but I don't know what to get. I play mostly Thrash, Black Metal, Rock and Blues on my Jackson DXMG. I'm looking for an amp in the price range of $200-$300. The amp has to have good tone. Can you guess help me choose? Post the amp you think fits and the price. Thanks.
Last edited by Slaymonte667 at Dec 17, 2008,
Purely metal... Peavey.

I have a Peavey envoy 110 and it does the job quite well for metal and the clean tones are decent enough. It depends on what size amp you want, the envoy 110 is 40 Watts but I think you might just be able to get a Bandit 112 for just over 300 and it is (quote from zzsounds.com) "80 watts at 8 ohms into the face melting Blue Marvel speaker and a cool 100 watts at 4 ohms".

For the price range and style of music I would reccomend a peavey, if you can increase price then get a Krank, Bugera or a Messa.
The thing about that price range is if you bump it up by about $200 or so you're touching some ideal amps for that style of music... if I were you I'd save for a B-52 AT112. That's not to say you're not going to find anything suitable, but if you did buy an amp in the $200 range, you're going to want an upgrade in about six months.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Dec 17, 2008,