Hi, I've been playing an ibanez S custom for a while but the stock pickups sound muddy and its not really that great for a clean tone, so i'm going to change the damn thing..

Thing is i have no idea what pickups are really clean, and since its immensly hard to just "try" out pickups, does anyone have a good clean pickup to recommend?

Humbuckers are most favoured.
what styles do u play and what amp do u have?
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
My guitars a HSH, and i cover a large range of music, from acoustic (oasisish) to metalcore ( BFMV).. i just need a good clean tone when im messing around and praticing.

Im currently running my guitar through a fender bullet 150, its a **** amp, and im going to buy an ibanez amp from my teacher later.
hsh, and emg sucks for clean, UNLESS you give them 18v, for more headroom
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by wair138
My guitars a HSH, and i cover a large range of music, from acoustic (oasisish) to metalcore ( BFMV).. i just need a good clean tone when im messing around and praticing.

Im currently running my guitar through a fender bullet 150, its a **** amp, and im going to buy an ibanez amp from my teacher later.

Then your amp is muddy, not your pickups. Also you never get great cleans from humbuckers, use the split postions or turn the guitar volume down.

There's no point getting new pickups until you've got a new amp, once you've got a proper amp you''ll probably no longer feel the need for new pickups...and Ibanez don't make great amps either.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Then your amp is muddy, not your pickups. Also you never get great cleans from humbuckers, use the split postions or turn the guitar volume down.

There's no point getting new pickups until you've got a new amp, once you've got a proper amp you''ll probably no longer feel the need for new pickups...and Ibanez don't make great amps either.

I disagree, ibanez make pretty good amps in my experience, just not for clean tones.. More metal