Hey.

Basically, I was looking at getting Guitar Rig 3 so I could get a much better sound from my guitar but I looked at the system requirements to use it efficiently and the computer at the moment is just not able to cope with the software. Because of this, I have been looking at getting a better amp and the Bugera 333XlL with matching cab seems to be very good for the styles of music I play (ranges from Death metal to Accoustic/Jazzy stuff basically think Opeth).

Unfortunately, my mum does not see the point in getting a new amp. Could someone please (I don't know how to word it lol) send reasons(?) why I should and shouldn't get the amp.

At the moment, the equipment I use is:

Guitars
- Cort Z Custom
- Dean Dime-o-flame

Amplifier
- Peavey Envoy 110 (40 Watt)

Effects
- Vox Wah Wah Pedal

I have been playing for 7 years (don't know if that helps at all).

Basically, please help my mum see why it would be a good idea to get a new amp.

Cheers!
Well, tell her you're in need of better tone, for one.

It's not loud enough to play shows with. (this is debatable but she doesn't know that )

Explain that a better amp will foster greater interest in playing guitar and will improve your playing technique.

Demonstrate to her that you are committed to your hobby and (likely) lifestyle.

Tell her seven years is a long time to be stuck with an amp you're not satisfied with.

Compare it to upgrading a refrigerator (i.e. in need of more space, better cooling, superior technology/design etc) That might relate to her better than the other suggestions.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
You've probably tried this already, but just tell her that one of the necessities of being a guitar player is being able to create "your tone," the sound that both describes you and fits with the style of music you play. If you can't achieve this goal, than your progression as a musician is stifled and you will have a hard time getting any enjoyment out of playing anymore.
Quote by Raijouta
Well, tell her you're in need of better tone, for one.

Done

Quote by Raijouta
It's not loud enough to play shows with. (this is debatable but she doesn't know that )

It's not

Quote by Raijouta
Explain that a better amp will foster greater interest in playing guitar and will improve your playing technique.

Good idea.. Thanks

Quote by Raijouta
Demonstrate to her that you are committed to your hobby and (likely) lifestyle.

Well 7 years playing at least an hour a day? (on average of course).

Quote by Raijouta
Tell her seven years is a long time to be stuck with an amp you're not satisfied with.

Another good idea.

Quote by Raijouta
Compare it to upgrading a refrigerator (i.e. in need of more space, better cooling, superior technology/design etc) That might relate to her better than the other suggestions.

Haha I might do that actually!

Thanks.

Lickmaster999,

No I have not done that.. completely forgot .

Thanks .

Any more ideas anyone?
Last edited by Creation23 at Dec 17, 2008,