Over the next 12 months I plan on making my dream guitar. My main question is whether it is possible to have 2 volume and 1 tone because I usually only see 1 volume 2 tone or 2 volume 2 tone.

Mahogany Iceman body - $200
Iceman Pained Dye Black - $220
Ibanez Wizard II Neck - $~200 (I will probably look around more for a better neck, maybe one off an original Iceman.
Seymour Duncan Humbucker APH-1b Bridge Pickup - $140
Seymour Duncan Humbucker APH-1n Neck Pickup - $140
Floyd Rose® Gotoh GE-1996TCK Tremolo & Locking Nut - $175
Les Paul® Style Speed Knob Black x3 - $13
Schaller Strap Locks - Black - $32

TOTAL: ~$1200 with shipping.

Is there anything I am missing or that I should change?
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Yeah, most schecters are that way. Also Gibson Vs. It's pretty common to have 2v1t... in fact aren't strats?
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
wires, caps, neck mounting plate, screws, pickup switch, cavity cover.

i might have missed something though.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
ill probably get the guitar shop near me to do all the wiring.
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
still leaves the hardware,. : neck mounting plate, screws, pickup switch, cavity cover.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by random_B-RAD
ill probably get the guitar shop near me to do all the wiring.

They'll rip you off, do it yourself. You literally have to solder about 6 connections, its really easy.

Also, sounds like your just describing a schecter or however you spell it. If thats your dream guitar, im sure it would be cheaper to just buy that guitar and do that mods to it that you want to do
Quote by guitarcam123
They'll rip you off, do it yourself. You literally have to solder about 6 connections, its really easy.

Also, sounds like your just describing a schecter or however you spell it. If thats your dream guitar, im sure it would be cheaper to just buy that guitar and do that mods to it that you want to do

You can't get schecter guitars anywhere in Western Australia apart from ebay.
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Australia

Have you visited orsmby guitars yet? If not your crazy
He'll be more than double if you get him to do it though.

Well warmoth isn't in Western Aus is it? You may as well buy a schecter guitar from somewhere else, when our dollar gets better.. How does it go from 97 US cents to 69 US cents
Quote by random_B-RAD
Over the next 12 months I plan on making my dream guitar. My main question is whether it is possible to have 2 volume and 1 tone because I usually only see 1 volume 2 tone or 2 volume 2 tone.

Mahogany Iceman body - $200
Iceman Pained Dye Black - $220
Ibanez Wizard II Neck - $~200 (I will probably look around more for a better neck, maybe one off an original Iceman.
Seymour Duncan Humbucker APH-1b Bridge Pickup - $140
Seymour Duncan Humbucker APH-1n Neck Pickup - $140
Floyd Rose® Gotoh GE-1996TCK Tremolo & Locking Nut - $175
Les Paul® Style Speed Knob Black x3 - $13
Schaller Strap Locks - Black - $32

TOTAL: ~$1200 with shipping.

Is there anything I am missing or that I should change?

first, you're missing all the hardware; pots, neckplate, tuners, etc. etc.,

second, paint it yourself, unless you really want the dye, i'm not so sure that a mahogany body would look good dyed black, unless you get a flame or quilt maple top of some sort, you could easily paint it yourself for the price of a can of spraypaint.

third, you'll need a warmoth neck, even though they're expensive, an ibanez neck isn't going to fit whatsoever, not even an original iceman neck, warmoth routes differently, and besides, you can choose between headstocks, fret size, back contour, fret wire, and nut width for free, and get custom inlays, floyd nut routing(which you'll need if you want a FR bridge), scalloping, and fretboard radius for a little extra. if you take away the 220$ for the dye you could easily afford the neck.

fourth, you might also want to change your pickups, you could get better ones for like, 60$ cheaper, each, on warmoth, and warmoth is expensive (try musiciansfriend.com, they have a lot of good pickups, and they're moderatly cheap.)

also, 2 volumes in my opinion is worthless, just use one master volume and tone, unless you need to switch pickups rapidly and have one at a lower volume, which i doubt is your case, unless you have it wired V/T/V , but that's probably not worth it either.

buy a floyd rose off of warmoth, you can get the schaller one, made in germany (much better quality than the one you have in the link above) and for the same price, it's in black too.

you might want to check guitarfetish.com/ , they have some nice preamps, and you can get the majority of your electronics there for cheap.

hope that helped.

edit: you can get straplocks from guitar fetish too, for 10$, and locking tuners for 30$, compared to the 30$ for straplocks you were buying elsewhere, and 60-70$ tuners.
My Gear:

Ibanez GRG170DX
Crate GFX-1200H
Line 6 4x12 Cab with Celestion 60's
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff With Top Boost
BOSS Metal Zone
Last edited by cup_on_shelf at Dec 22, 2008,