Okay you guys have been asking me for it. I didn't feel like doing it with the studio equip but I will when we record.

For now this is just a computer mic of both amps. I amp playing gibberish so don't comment my playing. I have no idea what im playing I was barely even improvising. These are short clips of the amps. Of course with this quality you can't justify a purchase and I must say the bugera sounds much better than on the recording. But... they were recorded the same way and look who sounds better.

To the people pming me here you go. I know its not really what you wanted due to being a computer mic but I guess it's an idea.

Go here and it list the name of the amps for the clip

http://www.soundclick.com/blahdfadfs
No one has pm'd me here btw that was to my friends at harmony central. I just copy and pasted the post to here.
its interesting

how the bugera sounds good

but the 6505 sounds more REAL (and good)
Obligatory Gear List
Ibanez S2170SE Prestige
Epi LP Std w/ SDs
Morley Bad Horsie
Mesa Stiletto ACE 2x12
EHX Small Clone
Line 6 DL4
ISP Decimator
Guild Acoustic
My Band
My Youtube Channel
Quote by We Remain
its interesting

how the bugera sounds good

but the 6505 sounds more REAL (and good)

Yeah they both sound better in person rather than that mic. But the 6505 records better even with better mics.
Yeah, I have to say that, while both sound good, the 6505 definitely has a better sound, I like it!
The 6505 sounds clearer and more focused to me, while the Bugera sounds rather muddy.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Sounds good, but, I agree, the recording doesn't do either amp the proper justice.

You cannot really compare what is supposed to be a JSX copy to a 6505. Of course, it's going to sound different, the two amps are meant to be; the JSX isn't mean to be as raw, in-your-face br00talz... it has the gain, just presents it differently.

A 6260 vs 6505 clip would get more of the point that the Bugera amps have the sound at the price (a bit different, but damn close).

Thanks for posting these, though, I must say I'd rather have the 333xl (without any issues ) over the 6505 anyday.
well it was to compare to the people i know who ask which one is better 333xl or 6505. The 333xl sounds much different up front it actually does do the "brootalz" pretty well although it sounds more muddy in that recording. No clip can really let ya hear what it's like up front. But I still prefer the 6505 by a long shot up front or on recordings. But the 333xl hangs with it.
and id say you can compare it. It isn't a comparasion as far as bugera sounds like a peavey or not. Just amp vs amp. Kindof like if you were comparing an engl vs 6505 or vht vs marshall jvm .... whatever the case.
Quote by hcsn2008
well it was to compare to the people i know who ask which one is better 333xl or 6505. The 333xl sounds much different up front it actually does do the "brootalz" pretty well although it sounds more muddy in that recording. No clip can really let ya hear what it's like up front. But I still prefer the 6505 by a long shot up front or on recordings. But the 333xl hangs with it.

Yes, the 333xl has more than enough gain for it, but it really just depends on what you're looking for. I was just saying that if you'd want a bit smoother mids (both amps are extremely mid-heavy) the 333xl would probably be the better choice. Some music just NEEDS that aggressive sound that the 6505 presents, while some wants the sound, just maybe no so intense, if you get what I mean.

To each his own, though

EDIT: ^I understand your point, but I still reiterate the point that just because the 6505 sounds better in/for the presented clip/genre, that doesn't necessarily make it the better amp. I guess I'd just think of an 'amp vs. amp' as a recording leaping around all genres, instead of one or two very similar ones.
Last edited by dudey5691 at Dec 17, 2008,
That 6505 sounds heavenly...

I want one
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Quote by dudey5691
Yes, the 333xl has more than enough gain for it, but it really just depends on what you're looking for. I was just saying that if you'd want a bit smoother mids (both amps are extremely mid-heavy) the 333xl would probably be the better choice. Some music just NEEDS that aggressive sound that the 6505 presents, while some wants the sound, just maybe no so intense, if you get what I mean.

To each his own, though

EDIT: ^I understand your point, but I still reiterate the point that just because the 6505 sounds better in/for the presented clip/genre, that doesn't necessarily make it the better amp. I guess I'd just think of an 'amp vs. amp' as a recording leaping around all genres, instead of one or two very similar ones.

Yeah... basically like I said they sound better in person but this gives you maybe a little idea to the people who cant hear both of them. The 333xl isn't as clear as the 6505 in person either but it isn't to bad.
I'll add to that... The bugera 333xl for low volume and all around amp personally I think is a better amp. But when it comes to playing in a band and playing metal it just can't beat the 6505. At low volumes the 6505 lacks a bit. But at high volumes the 6505 holds together perfect. The 333xl sounds good at high volume but not as good as the 6505. But.. as I said it sounds better at low volumes. The 333xl actually has more low end than the 6505 at low to moderate volumes also. Which helps a lot when you are jamming in your bedroom. Clean channel sounds better on the 333xl.

Also i forgot to add these clips are boosted with a bad monkey OD pedal on both amps. Also a boss ns-2. If you heard those clips without the boss ns-2 you'd hear all the feedback they give. High gain tube amps at my settings just can't be done without a noise gate.
6505 ftw.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
When I record with my band im going to make some higher quality clips and post them for you guys. The 6505 will still win. lol But you'll be able to hear the bugera come out a little more.
So, its an amp that tries to copy the sound of a peavey, but it doesn't quite get there, and it falls apart within a week in half the cases I've heard.

Yep.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Quote by sesstreets
So, its an amp that tries to copy the sound of a peavey, but it doesn't quite get there, and it falls apart within a week in half the cases I've heard.

Yep.

Stop holding a grudge, they aren't that bad.
The peavey definitly sounds better out of those two clips, but I've seen videos elsewhere in which the Bugera sounds alot different than it does in that clip. It just sounds so distant and off there, whereas in other vids it has sounded kickass. I dont know.
6505 FTW

BTW which amp has better cleans the bugera or the peavey??
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
6505 FTW

BTW which amp has better cleans the bugera or the peavey??

The Bugera...

It should have cleans similar to that of your uncle's XXX, if I'm not mistaken.

I'll add to that... The bugera 333xl for low volume and all around amp personally I think is a better amp. But when it comes to playing in a band and playing metal it just can't beat the 6505. At low volumes the 6505 lacks a bit. But at high volumes the 6505 holds together perfect. The 333xl sounds good at high volume but not as good as the 6505. But.. as I said it sounds better at low volumes. The 333xl actually has more low end than the 6505 at low to moderate volumes also. Which helps a lot when you are jamming in your bedroom. Clean channel sounds better on the 333xl. Also i forgot to add these clips are boosted with a bad monkey OD pedal on both amps. Also a boss ns-2. If you heard those clips without the boss ns-2 you'd hear all the feedback they give. High gain tube amps at my settings just can't be done without a noise gate.

Like I said, it depends on what you need it for
The 333xl isn't meant for competition with the 6505, it's a completely different beast (well copy of a beast...). As I said before, it has the gain for br00talz, but that doesn't necessarily mean it'll sound great. The same goes for my Valveking, although I must admit, it's a bit irrelevant... it still serves the same point, though.

Sesstreets, please stop bashing the Bugeras because of your bad experiences with them. The 333xl is not a copy of the 6505, it's of the JSX... IT WON'T GET TONES LIKE THE 6505. Your post is not only mostly irrelevant (this is a discussion of sound, not quality), but is asinine and doesn't help anyone.
Well, it seems that a lot of the clips even with better mics sound similar. This computer mic actually is just what I call my computer mic. It's just a low class condenser mic so it's not really the worst thing. Doesn't sound great though but it gives you an idea. I'm not sure why the bugera sounds distant. It just does. It was recorded the same way. It has similiar settings. The knobs aren't at the same places but the sound is as close as I could get it to the 6505. Presence, mids, all that. Here they are for those of you who haven't saw the beauties.