Just wondering a couple things actually. trying to find out hold old my Marshall TSL60 is, there is a barcpde thing underneath the main input socket that says "M-2002-17-0648-A" could anyone tell me if that means anything does that suggest it's 02?

I'm trying to work out how long the pre-amp tubes have been in the amp, I just looked at the power vales, and it lookes as if they have a set of Groove Tubes in there, there is like a "G" logo with some wing things on them or something like that.
It looks like the original pre-amp tubes are in there still as it's Marshall branded valves. So they've been in there since new, who knows how hard they've been pushed before I bought it .

Yeah I was thinking of doing a complete valve replacement anyway because there is an issue with my fx loop and I wanted to eliminate a valve problem, so I'll do a complete swap-out.

Got me wondering what tubes you guys liked and what sort of music you play? Just wondering how often if ever you change your pre-amp valves and how often you tend to replace your power valves?

Ierostyle
Quote by Bazilisck311
So if I buy a Les Paul standard and throw it 200 mph, its binding will generate downforce?
How often do you use your amp and how long have you had it?

If you play every day, preamp tubes should last something like 2-4 years and poweramp tubes should last 1-2. If you turn it on a lot less often, they should still be alright. Normally you'll hear it if something is wrong with them.

For a TSL60, I'd recommend JJs.
does anyone have any preferences for valves/tubes JJ/Groove tubes, Electro Harmonix etc
Quote by Bazilisck311
So if I buy a Les Paul standard and throw it 200 mph, its binding will generate downforce?