my b-day is today, i got a cheap epiphone explorer to play with and customize. i have a few plans for it, but im trying to get as many ideas as possible. i want to make it awesome. give me some kick ass ideas people
killswitch. I wired one up in my old ibanez in under an hour and it only cost 2 dollars for the switch.

also, get straplocks, cover it in stickers, scallop the frets, draw pictures on the pickguard, change the knobs, replace the tuners, try and find colored guitar strings, install LED's... that should do for a while

eventually put a kaoss pad in it next to a fuzz factory, but that's for later
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
i agree with the killswitch and new parts, but don't put stickers on it and draw cause you'll look like a dumbass. if u don't mind the idea of painting it you could try an evh design, those look cool on pretty much any guitar
Quote by ironBLSmaiden
i agree with the killswitch and new parts, but don't put stickers on it and draw cause you'll look like a dumbass. if u don't mind the idea of painting it you could try an evh design, those look cool on pretty much any guitar

the EVH design is way overdone. one of my ideas was to sand the paint off, spraypaint a flat brownish green army color and get rusted hardware, maybe a flat black grenade stenciled on the body. the pups would be BKP's warpig. it would sound and look brutal
happy b day!

Now we need pics, haha.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

Quote by FightinIrishPJ
killswitch. I wired one up in my old ibanez in under an hour and it only cost 2 dollars for the switch.

also, get straplocks, cover it in stickers, scallop the frets, draw pictures on the pickguard, change the knobs, replace the tuners, try and find colored guitar strings, install LED's... that should do for a while

eventually put a kaoss pad in it next to a fuzz factory, but that's for later

There is so many things wrong with this post...
Killswitches = Overated
Straplocks = Yes
Stickers = ruin your guitar/ leave residue everywhere...
Scalloping = on the upper harder to reach frets
Draw on the pickguard =
Change the knobs = Why? Whats wrong with the ones already on there?
Tuners = only if hes not happy with the ones there
Guitar strings = that would look cool but where do you get them?
LEDs = maybe, its really just a waste...
Kaoss Pad/ Fuzz Factory = Not everyones a huge Muse fan, he may just want floor pedals for now...

Do some mad wiring mods, push pull pots for coil split and tap etc