dont abuse the trem and its probaly decent.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
I had a RG370DX which is pretty much the same and as long as I didn't overkill the trem, it was fine. Just make sure it's set up okay and everything!
Gibson Les Paul Studio(Wine Red)
Squier Vintage Modified Tele(White)
Eastwood Sidejack(Amber)
EHX Little Big Muff Pi
Danelectro: Echo,Tremolo, Octave
Dunlop JH-1B Wah
Epiphone Valve Jr. w/ 1x12 cab
Quote by Bluesman_22
Well it's an ibanez so...

no

Listen fender boy, if you have nothing useful to add to the question, dont bother posting.
Quote by Bluesman_22

no

Quote by ShallowEndings
Listen Squier boy, if you have nothing useful to add to the question, dont bother posting.

Fixed.

Quote by chromeguitars
so im thinking of getting the ibanez RG350:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG350DX-Electric-Guitar-519415-i1395598.gc

is it any good? i heard the edge III trems were bad, but i just want your honest opinion on this guitar. and also, if this one isn't too good, can you suggest me another one within that price range (no more that $400) and preferably with a trem. thanks!

Change the bridge and you're good. Is this your first guitar? Do you have an amplifier? I would recommend getting a better one than your guitar.
Some recommendations:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-HSS-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=516039 ( For you fender/squier fanboys out there )
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG2EX1-Electric-Guitar?sku=518871 Its the same thing, but looks cooler
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Sunset-Deluxe-Electric-Guitar?sku=520106
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-MH103-Quilted-Maple-Electric-Guitar?sku=514872
Last edited by GuitarGuy X at Dec 17, 2008,
Quote by Bluesman_22

no

Tell that to Satch, Vai, and Gilbert.

The Edge III is made of cheap materials, so it'll wear out a lot more quickly than a higher quality bridge. But as long as you don't go psycho on the thing, it should last a while. And when it does end up wearing out, you can just replace it with a better bridge.
Well I believe I can give advice on this as I own one

It is a cool guitar just make sure to have a setup done on the Edge trem, mine has worked fine I honestly but I dont use my trem too much for things other than tuning. The neck is wizard so its nice and thin and easy to play. Pickups are pretty good for stock.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
own this guitar as well

Tremolo: as stated above don't abuse the trem and you wont have troubles, it can be used but i wouldn't suggest dive bomb after dive bomb or trying any crazy stuff like Mr. Vai does, or pull a Herman Lee and just hold onto the bar alone, because it'll knock it out of tune. About dropped tunings:not sure about never tried it so if that's your goal cant help you.

Pickups: good for hard rock metal also a nice fat"chunky" blues sound if played with the right amounts of distortion etc. gives a pretty decent clean tone in the neck position. Personally gonna replace the pickups soon but w.e.

Aside from not begin able to take total abuse on the trem it is an excellent guitar... This is my 2nd guitar with a FR copy and its the better one of the two so its not as bad as some people are making it sound (other: Jackson DK2)
You can use dropped tunings but you need to set the trem appropriatley
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
The trem is dodgy
The neck is nice
pickups are decent
Price is good

Uhm test it out? I had the same guitar minus the guard and it was good for the price,a pup swap would probably do it a world of good.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I just sold an RG350 two days ago. The trem was way more of a hasslle than i need, i just want to play guitar! I could of just blocked the trem, but i found a good deal on craigs list and sold my RG to buy this other guitar i like alot better. From personal experience, i would say avoid guitars with that edge III trem. Other than that, they arent a bad guitar if you are into the sharp points and square edges of the body.
I have the maple fretboard version of the 350. The RG350MDX. I love the neck and the sound overall is quite good. I picked up an Allparts Tremol-No to lock the trem or go dive only, and it is definately the way to go. Pups are decent, but I think a set of actual Dimarzios is in my future.
Line 6 SpiderValve 112 - Strymon SV Pre; G12-K100
Ibanez RG Custom Built - Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz
Line 6 M13
Quote by Matt in Jerzey
I have the maple fretboard version of the 350. The RG350MDX. I love the neck and the sound overall is quite good. I picked up an Allparts Tremol-No to lock the trem or go dive only, and it is definately the way to go. Pups are decent, but I think a set of actual Dimarzios is in my future.

Never knew there were 2 versions. Hmm
Quote by ShallowEndings
Never knew there were 2 versions. Hmm
I believe there are 3 versions actually. The EX, DX and MDX.

Anyway, I also have the MDX and I would recommend it to anyone. The trem has lasted me a year now with no problems.
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
Quote by reincarnator
I believe there are 3 versions actually. The EX, DX and MDX.

Anyway, I also have the MDX and I would recommend it to anyone. The trem has lasted me a year now with no problems.

Well there ya go
There are indeed 3 versions, A black with silver pickguard, a white with white pearloid pickguard and an all black maple fretboard version.
I own the black model, had it for year bought it second hand at a decent price and been very happy.
The pickups aren't bad I really like the fact that it has single coils and humbuckers can get nice range of sounds. very versatile i can play pretty much any style on this.

The neck feels great, thin and fast to try it out tho not to everyones liking.

The bridge... I;ve never played any FR equipped guitar so have nothing to compare it too. Its fun and you can make some cool noises out of it, wont take too much abuse without going out of tune so be warned. if you dont plan to use it excessively dont worry about it. I find if your only doing divebombs its not a problem.

I would reccomend it definitely but try it out!!
Avoid Like The Mother****ing Plague
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by Fox McKalen
Tell that to Satch, Vai, and Gilbert.

The Edge III is made of cheap materials, so it'll wear out a lot more quickly than a higher quality bridge. But as long as you don't go psycho on the thing, it should last a while. And when it does end up wearing out, you can just replace it with a better bridge.

+1
And if the trem gives you a big headache. Just block it. Trems suck. I try to stay away from guitars with trems unless i find a good deal on a used guiatar that has a trem i will buy it.
At the beginning you'll be fine with the edge III bridge, but as time passes by and you are over the initial hype of your new guitar, you will realize that the edge III really isn't that great. If you want a cheap ibanez i'd get a fixed bridge or a cheap s model (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S320-S-Series-Electric-Guitar?sku=512503)... even though it's a little more expensive.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...