I am a lefty player who is looking for a metal guitar that plays well and also looks well, for less than $1000 (Canadian). Other than the Dean Razorback Explosion (too pricy for me), there is not much choice of left-handed guitars, especially for metal, so I was hoping that it's possible to just buy a righty and flips the strings or something. I'm relatively new to serious guitar playing, so I need a little help. I was especially looking at the Jackson KVX10 X King V, since I definatley like the looks of the V's. Also, can you remove the whammy bar, cause if not, then you can just forget this thread.

P.S. If anyone can name any good metal amps that are under $300, please let me know.
this brand Agile is really good quality and the price is fantastic, it's deff worth getting, especially for someone who's just starting to get serious. Also you'll have extra cash, maybe switch the pickups out for emg's

I think this is pretty metal : http://www.rondomusic.com/reapercustblackleft.html

heres some others:

http://www.rondomusic.com/hornetpro7bklh.html

http://www.rondomusic.com/product805.html

hope this helps
yeah that's what hendrix did. what you've got to do, is take off the strings, flip the nut (probably get a new, lefty nut, graphite while your at it), restring it. apparently hendrix wound the low e string backwards, to prevent it from hopping out of the nut? oh and you'll have to change the strat button to a different horn, if your using a double cut. obviously uneccesary on a V. uh, you can still use the whammy, when it's on the other side? and yes, most whammys screw out of the bridge if you want, i'm not sure about those models. now if you want a 'regular' position whammy, you'd need to get a lefty bridge.
Hope thats a help!
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
^You have to think about more than the strings and pickups. If you flip a righty guitar over to left, the knobs are up by where your arm goes when you're playing. Also, the output jack will be on that formerly lower part of the guitar.

Then again, Jimi Hendrix played righty Strats left-handed.

What kind of guitar are you looking for?

Body style?

Do you require a tremolo?
Do your self a favor and find a lefty guitar. You will hate playing a guitar upside down. Playing the style hendrix did it works decent. But if your gonna be doing metal with lots of palm muting then you will find everything in the way. An option is someplace like warmoth they will do most of their guitars in lefty at no extra cost. 1000$ will buy a pretty nice warmoth with a wammy if you want it.
oh for sure, there are alot of other 'issues' that come with the flip. hendrix took advantage of the knob placement, but it might jsut get in your way. the guitar's jack probably won't be an issue. Have a look at some pictures of flipped guitars.
Quote by Mister.Y

It is true that everything will get i the way when palm muting, but the only problem with Warmoth is that I don't know enough about guitars to make my own order.
well, you could look at the specs of the guitar your looking at...and order something close to that?
Quote by Mister.Y

Your can do a hendrix and flip a right handed one over or you can buy a left handed guitar body and make one from scratch.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
i could do that, but it seems to be twice as expensive than just buying regular
yes, custom guitars/building a guitar is very expensive, especially if you can't DIY. Honestly, if you flip a guitar, there might be some issues, especially if you play metal. It's tough to find lefty guitars, especially used, so really...you have to find what option you can live with.
Quote by Mister.Y

At a guitar shop near me they specialize in left handed guitars. They have a left handed Ibanez body but I'm not sure if they ship worldwide. www.pksmusic.com.au
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
If you like the Razorbacks, Dean makes their 79 Series ML in a lefty. I don't think MusiciansFriend carries them though, so try looking at Sam Ash or someone like that

I think they run around $500-$600. Also Peavy makes quite a few guitars in a lefty.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]