Hey UG,
What do you think I should do? Iv accidentally messed up my strats bridges pivot screw holes but i kind of fixed it by throwing using little pieces of a wooden screwier to the holes to tighten it up .. do you think I should just get it re doweled? or do your reckon it would hold up?

thanx
It's always better to be safe than sorry,
dowel it up.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
^ well actually my bridge has never worked better than it is now.. but if i was gonna get it doweled id get a tech.. I was just wondering if it would be worth spendin' the bucks for it
no.. dont get a tech/ luthier/ repairer to dowel it, all you need to do is put glue in a hole and then hammer a wooden pole thingy in
Quote by guitarcam123
no.. dont get a tech/ luthier/ repairer to dowel it, all you need to do is put glue in a hole and then hammer a wooden pole thingy in

Let's try not to baffle people with technical terms eh?

Yeah, just drill the holes out, after buying your dowel. Glue them in and then cut/sand flush once they have set up.
nah I don't really feel like risking it... it seems to be fine at the moment

thanx anyways people
what is there to risk? What will you stuff up, how can you stuff up drilling a hole and hammering a wooden pole thingy in the hole with glue?
You can stuff up royally if not done properly. I split a guitar body in half once by filling a hole and hitting it a bit too hard, luckily it was my own and I had the resources and the equipment at the time to make another body using the same neck phew!!
Quote by Nev75
You can stuff up royally if not done properly. I split a guitar body in half once by filling a hole and hitting it a bit too hard, luckily it was my own and I had the resources and the equipment at the time to make another body using the same neck phew!!

Are you superman???

Seriously how $hit does a body have to be for it to split in half...

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
it could be made of Plywood? or basswood
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by bv310
it could be made of Plywood? or basswood

Quite difficult to split Plywood, on account of it be a laminate of opposing grain.
89 model RG350, cheap 3 piece body did not have to hit it very hard at all. Made a replacement out of mahogany and red cedar....Interesting tone.