Haven't posted in a while, but i'm in a bit of a dilemma,

Right now i have a Metropolous JTM45 head. I have a trade offer for a 1970 Fender Super Reverb and i'm not sure if i should go for it or not. I'm probably better off with the Fender seeing as i dont want a half stack and am more suited towards Fender tones. But i'm having a hard time letting go of my JTM45.

I play a lot of Grateful Dead/Phish, ala improv/jam oriented music, if it helps.

You guys think i should go for it?

his amp:

mine:

Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
first of all, a 1970 fender super reverb would not have a blackface plate. so its either been modded, its a reissue, or its actually from the early '60s. (that would be great.)
the super reverb is my favorite amp ever. however, unless it is infact an early (pre 67) super reverb, than your amp is worth alot more. if it happens to be an early 60s fender, go for it man.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
first of all, a 1970 fender super reverb would not have a blackface plate. so its either been modded, its a reissue, or its actually from the early '60s. (that would be great.)
the super reverb is my favorite amp ever. however, unless it is infact an early (pre 67) super reverb, than your amp is worth alot more. if it happens to be an early 60s fender, go for it man.

It is a '70, modded with Blackface cosmetics and panel.

Also, my amp isnt worth that much more, only worth around 1000 bucks or so.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
you can by a SF super reverb for much less than $1000, and mod it to BF specs for next to nothing. even though the super reverb is my favorite amp ever, i feel like you would be at the losing end of the deal.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
you can by a SF super reverb for much less than $1000, and mod it to BF specs for next to nothing. even though the super reverb is my favorite amp ever, i feel like you would be at the losing end of the deal.

Not starting an argument or anything, but could i see an example of seeing one much less than 1000? I havent seen one that was pre-master volume for less than 750-800.
i have seen them go for 650-700 a few times before. even if you bought one that had a master volume, you can still take it back to BF specs.
but just play the amp, if you decide that you like the amp alot more than your metro, if it has that elusive "it" factor, than go ahead with the trade.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.