Was planning on getting one of these just after christmas and now everyone seems to be out or they say discontinued. Anyone have any info on this? It had all the options I was looking for. 2 channels, all tube, enough power for anything I would ever do and a good price. resonable alternatives?
You waited to long unfortunately. I'm surprised the inventories lasted as long as they did. Keep checking around. I see them pop up on craigslist.com too. Crate and Blackheart are now owned by the same company and the rumor was that they were going to phase out the Crate V's in favor of the Blackhearts...or something like that.
Look around and you can find used Peavey Classic 30's (Much superior amps) for around $300.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Craigslist is a joke in the memphis area. Maybe a Vox AD30VT. Same price range. I assume from the info I read about it that it is a hybrid? Not all tube. I may be able to find a V18 or V50 but if they are all going by the wayside I may want to stay away from the Crate all together.
Dude.

Memphis Craigslist rocks. You need to keep a closer eye on it. Type in amp in search bar to help bypass all the other crap. Yes the AD30 is a hybrid and I personally don't care for it. There is NO reason to stay away from the Crate Vs if you can find one. Yes the Classic 30 is better then everything else mentioned imo.
You can still find them in some online stores, I know la music still has them, I plan on buying one from them, but now that they are discontinued people will try to sel them for more than retail.
Quote by JoePerry4life
You can still find them in some online stores, I know la music still has them, I plan on buying one from them, but now that they are discontinued people will try to sel them for more than retail.

Yeah, I did find 2. one was $349 and the other was $449.
Be careful though. The transformers are awful in these
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge