Yes, I've used the search bar, it didn't give me the answers I was looking for.

Now, I'm new to the world of electric guitars, as I've been an acoustic player at heart. Anyway, I'm using a VOX DA5 and a Dean ML X. I wanna know if anyone else has had problems with the VOX. The distortion sounds on it, regardless of guitar, sound like sh!t compared to what I've heard from other amps.

The sound I'm trying to get is that heavy sound that Dimebag gets, specifically on tracks I'm Broken, and 5 Minutes Alone. Also I'm kinda looking for the crack that Wylde gets on some of his BLS albums, similar to CKY's An Answer can Be Found(The Way You Lived, specifically).

What effects do they use and what amps do they use? I can't really find much on it that goes into detail and is aimed at guitar n00bs. I guess I shoulda reworded the title. I'm too lazy, I've gone too far...

So again, what I'm asking, essentially, is what effects and amps etc does Zakk Wylde, Dimebag, and Who ever the lead guitarist is on the albums/tracks previously mentioned? Any help would do! Thankies ^_^
Zakk Wylde: MXR Zakk Wylde Zw44 Overdrive , Dunlop ZW45 Zakk Wylde Wah etc
Dimebag: MXR DD11 Dime Distortion, Dunlop DB01 etc. Their not very cheap pedals either. IMO..
Google it or whatever.
Many artists's sound arent really something you can immitate, because they add other effects during recording which completely differs it.
Because the DA5 is a digital preamp, it might not be very compatible with pedals. I used to have the AD30VT and it's digital modeling preamp didn't take pedals well. The problem with the sounds is probably because it's a small digital amp with a small speaker.