hello im wondering if anybody here has been hypnotized before

i just went to a physchologist a few days ago and they said i could take anti depressants(paxil) or try hypnosis

im kind of skeptical in this hypnosis stuff the guy tried hypnosis on me but i dont really know if i was hypnotized like i was aware the surroundings around me all the time

and my question basically is how does it feel to be hypnotized is there a certain feeling that goes with it?

does hypnosis really work to treat problems?

my mom is paying for the sessions and they are like 50$ each and i just want to know if im being given BS or something

any help is appreciated

links,info,personal experiences or just anything
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
Take the anti-depressants. Didn't you see the episode of Scrubs were Turk attempted to do a surgery with hypnosis instead of anaesthetic?
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by mustangrobert13
Drowsy used Hypnosis on my Gengar one time, but it failed.

might as well have squirtle face charmander
Quote by Distort
never been hypnotized but it is a great SOAD song

+1
that sums up my thoughts on the matter
(\/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") ExtremeMetalFTW donated these ears
Notice something wrong? Yea, me too
| |
[ ]
I've been hypnotized by an actual hypnotist...don't worry...all the stuff you see on TV is smoke-and-mirrors. Not real.

During real hypnosis, you should more-or-less remain aware of your surroundings, and it really does work. Personally, I'd do that.

But, some people prefer the pills. They're far less time-consuming.

Your call, but hypnosis is really nothing to be afraid of.

Best of luck, bro.
Classifieds mod said this didn't count as trying to sell anything, I'll say it here:

If you're looking to be able to take credit cards in-person (not over the internet where paypal will work), pm me and I can hook you up with the stuff you need.
Yes. Sarah Shahi's body.
Quote by capt_dammit
kaervek...you rock

Quote by guitardude34875
the genre of metal is like an apple, I prefer just the apple, not the applecore
Hypnosis works for some people and not others. About 10% of the population are easily hypnotized and 10% can't be hypnotized. The other 80% are somewhere in between. Also hypnosis really just leads to a heightened state of relaxation and suggestibility and you will be aware the whole time just in a different state of consciousness at least according to popular theory. Unless the hypnotist uses post-hypnotic suggestion to make you forget what happened you will remember.

tl;dr

It legitimately works for some people and not others

edit:

Quote by Kaervek
Yes. Sarah Shahi's body.

+ INFINITY OMG

Now they're hypnotic

EDIT: Not sure if i'll get away with this but

Quote by dudius

afterward i thought about it and was like "wow, i just jerked off to a chubby girl sucking off a horse. i'm disgusting".

then i watched that segment again
Last edited by A8039077 at Dec 17, 2008,
If it makes you feel better, you wouldn't ever do or say anything while hypnotized that you wouldn't while fully conscience. On an ethical level at least
Quote by A8039077

Now they're hypnotic

EDIT: Not sure if i'll get away with this but

Id take down the link if I were you, but have you tried that challenge at the bottom of the page? Good stuff
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
I was hypnotised to quit chewing tobaco 12 years ago. worked just fine. no side effects.
Gear;
Ibanez AF75
Takamine EG550
Digitech gnx3
Peavey Classic 50
I've tried it, it helped me control my panic attacks but it didn't really help my depression at all (neither did Paxil for that matter) YMMV
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I've tried it, it helped me control my panic attacks but it didn't really help my depression at all (neither did Paxil for that matter) YMMV

dude thats my problem panic attacks i have social anxiety and im also depressed

how much did it help you?
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
i was hypnotised..the guy said do your favourite thing in the world..so i was playing air drums while the others were doing really embarrassing **** like sucking their thumbs
Quote by XianXiuHong
You can even play pretend!

That's right, you can even pretend that hypnosis is working!

Anyone get this reference?

Jackpot
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Honestly Hypnotism isn't like what you expect, its all about the power of suggestion. You just get really relaxed and because you don't have much to worry about you pretty much just do whatever you are suppose to. The thing is if the person tries to get you to do something you would never do because its against your morals (like killing someone, robbing someone, raping, denying your faith etc) you will snap out of it. It's actually a really neat experience.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Listen to this, it puts you into a trance....

it also makes you ejaculate without touching yourself.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=28TSIVQY
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5