So, I have a problem with my essay. I need an outside comparison. Basically, I'm doing Antigone vs. Letter from Birmingham Jail. Which of the two portray the theme of civil disobedience better. With all the CD's and the commentary and the lead in's.

So, here's the thing. I have no clue what outside comparison (that actually happened) I should use. Like a movement that was against a certain law that was made.

I need serious answers. And if you wanna throw in a joke answer, go ahead, just label it "joke" before you type it that way I can ignore it and others can read it for good laughs.
you should probably cut school tomorrow and work on it then, youll get a better grade
Try civil rights movement or something. Plenty of civil disobedience there.

Or Ghandi or something.
Quote by juancsego
i have a right to do anything with the least amount of activity possible and if u cant respect that u can go to japan and buy panties out of vending machines...communists

If you live in Australia, save your internet:

Click.
Quote by amason51
you should probably cut school tomorrow and work on it then, youll get a better grade

I'm asian. I'll get beaten if I do.

Um..about the Ghandi thing, anything specific about that? I'm searching him up right now.
I actually just finished Antigone, pretty good stuff.

Maybe use something from Ghandi and compare his peaceful protest practices to Antigone burying her brother's body and how it was an innocent act that she felt morally obligated to do, exactly how Ghandi felt morally obligated to guide the Indian people to religious freedom?
The way to pass english = Bulls**** your way out of everything.
It works.
Quote by beetroot10
i went out with a chubby girl once she kept asking me if she could eat my mars bar
Quote by Another bassist
I actually just finished Antigone, pretty good stuff.

Maybe use something from Ghandi and compare his peaceful protest practices to Antigone burying her brother's body and how it was an innocent act that she felt morally obligated to do, exactly how Ghandi felt morally obligated to guide the Indian people to religious freedom?

Yes, it is good stuff. Everyone says it's boring. Me and my friend think it's actually interesting.

Ooh. that sounds good. Thanks! (to everyone who at least..tried to help) But definitely the two who mentioned Gandhi <<that's how you spell it. :P
Quote by haley57
The way to pass english = Bulls**** your way out of everything.
It works.

Actually, this is Honors Humanities. The teacher grades pretty strictly and I need an A in that class. Well, in this case, keep my A.
Quote by timsterII
Yes, it is good stuff. Everyone says it's boring. Me and my friend think it's actually interesting.

Ooh. that sounds good. Thanks! (to everyone who at least..tried to help) But definitely the two who mentioned Gandhi <<that's how you spell it. :P

haha thanks, and English/Literature is definitely my favorite subject....i couldn't resist helping out when i saw your thread
Quote by Another bassist
haha thanks, and English/Literature is definitely my favorite subject....i couldn't resist helping out when i saw your thread

Ugh. I wish English were my favorite. I actually like it, but I like other subjects as well. I'm just bad at writing. Just not my thing. I'm getting better though.
Quote by Another bassist

Same here. Unfortunately, I have NO idea what Antigone is (novels? films? short stories? scat pr0n?), let alone what it was about.

But if you need protests and fighting against laws (which Gandhi leads me to believe), what about the gay marriage stuff now?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Last edited by SteveHouse at Dec 18, 2008,
Quote by SteveHouse
Same here. Unfortunately, I have NO idea what Antigone is (novels? films? short stories? scat pr0n?), let alone what it was about.

But if you need protests and fighting against laws (which Gandhi leads me to believe), what about the gay marriage stuff now?

Antigone is a play. It's one of the 3 tragedies of Sophocles.

Oh right. Huh. There's so many things out there. And I'm sitting here like, wtf. there's no movments whatsoever.

Thing is, I'm a Christian and I'd end up writing like a 5 page explanation about it instead of a paragraph. :P A lot of things to discuss about it and I don't think I should because I don't know how to compress all that info that I have.