Hi all, I'm thinking about buying a Dean ML XM as a project off of E-bay, you know, buy it cheap, strip it, new electronics, new hardware, rebel flag paint job (Dimbag FTW). One problem, though, the one I'm looking at has had the headstock obliterated. So, I was wondering, will the neck pocket fit a neck with Fender deminsions? That seems like what most bolt-on guitars use, but it would suck to get it and it not fit. What I want to do is get a Warmoth (or similar) neck and replace the busted up one. thanks in advance
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
There is no such thing as a Warmoth ML body.
You could get a star body though, but it's not an ML.
MY RIG
ESP LTD MH-400
Roland Cube 15X
The ML I found was only 25 bucks atm (it's e-Bay.) I want an actual ML for that badass Dimebag rebel flag guitar.

Man, that really makes me sound like one of the little twats on here that thinks he's tEh I3ROOT/_Z and wants to be just like Dimebag. I just like the guitar (Dime was a great guitarist, though.)
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Doubtful it will be a drop in. Now you know why its so cheap on ebay. If it was gonna be easy or cheap to fix they would have done it. And warmoth does have the "star" body which looks alot like the dean guitar.
lol "dimbag"

anyway, it's gonna be a bitch to fix up at that price
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Just a thought. What about a Jackson neck? I think those drop right in.

Don't quote me on that though!

I've seen a few Jackson necked ML's. They are pretty sweet looking!
I WANT:
Engl Fireball
Quote by bv310
lol "dimbag"

My bad. Typing at midnight = fail.

About the Jackson neck, I think they use Fender deminsions? likewise, don't quote me. Anyways, I think I found a Dean neck, but I dunno if it'll work out. Keep the replies coming.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

My ML body neck pocket was too small for a fender-spaced neck. I had to sand it out a bit to fit, it only took a half-hour or so, don't worry about it.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke