Page 1 of 2
my dude doug steele was in top 15. the guy who won is a pro and has instructional dvds out. he is good but i dont think he should have won. i also dont like how out of all the videos submitted hes mentions how cool it was to see "people jumpin outta trees with rebel flags". and people wonder why i hate the midwest
Quote by jymellis
my dude doug steele was in top 15. the guy who won is a pro and has instructional dvds out. he is good but i dont think he should have won. i also dont like how out of all the videos submitted hes mentions how cool it was to see "people jumpin outta trees with rebel flags". and people wonder why i hate the midwest

Hey i know you from Sevenstring.org

its me stealth
rl]
Hes good, and does stuff that I couldn't do for a while.
But, i've certainly heard better stuff from regular people
Quote by StealthyHayze
Hey i know you from Sevenstring.org

its me stealth

hey bro whats up? i think that daniel slovich kid should have won! check him on youtube. he has vids of shredding on 7s and 8s! hes like 14.
Quote by Nevermind1299
Hes good, and does stuff that I couldn't do for a while.
But, i've certainly heard better stuff from regular people

exactly what i was thinking.
Quote by cerebrix
so nobody is like "omg awesome i knew ed was going to win!"?

of course not. you would be a liar. there were so many entries it was silly!
Quote by jymellis
of course not. you would be a liar. there were so many entries it was silly!

im not a liar, just trying to prove a point. which i think i have at this point. i dunno wtf they were thinking with this contest.

the common theme seems to be, well... blah i wont say it cause he didnt win, or place for that matter. so i guess its moot anyway.
I actually saw his entry a few months ago and thought he should win. Out of the top 4, you have to admit that his entry was the most musical. Most people were trying to play as fast as they could. You could tell that he spent some time composing it instead of just shredding the entire time.
wow thats one ugly guitar he's winning man

id sand off that finish first thing

he's not playing as fast as some others ive seen and his melodic style seems a bit paul-gilbert-rip-off-y but sure he can play and his technique was good

so cheers mate

i feel sorry for the judges though they must've been going through so much garbage
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Quote by Necrophagist777
The guy that got 2nd was my choice. Awesome. Plus he's a Death fan.

http://www.deanguitars.com/shredder/viewProfileWinner.php?id=2491

I seriously thought he was gonna win for sure I was rooting for him at least he got second
GEAR
Guitars: LTD V401DX, USA Jackson King V (pre-fender), Knock off Jackson Kelly
Pick ups: EMGs, Seymour Duncans
Amp: Randall RG100SC w/ matching cab
Boss and Dunlop Electronics
That's the guy who won?!! OMFG! I should enter some of these contests because I blow that guy away!! I can play his fastest licks picking with my teeth...and that's picking every note.

This isn't irony either, I'm serious.
Quote by afrika18
That's the guy who won?!! OMFG! I should enter some of these contests because I blow that guy away!! I can play his fastest licks picking with my teeth...and that's picking every note.

This isn't irony either, I'm serious.

pics or it didnt happen
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Quote by bornfidelity
pics or it didnt happen

Afrika is the guy that said legato was cheating lol and that people who can't play guitar can legato like Joe Satriani .

I doubt he can play any better than the winner.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Why do I get the feeling Joe Satriani or Steve Vai himself could have entered the contest in disguise and everyone here would still say the winner sucks lol.
Quote by Necrophagist777
Afrika is the guy that said legato was cheating lol and that people who can't play guitar can legato like Joe Satriani .

I doubt he can play any better than the winner.

oh i see

still, seeing pics of someone playing guitar wouldn't prove much anyway
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Quote by mtsalmela80
Why do I get the feeling Joe Satriani or Steve Vai himself could have entered the contest in disguise and everyone here would still say the winner sucks lol.

That's exactly what I was thinking
Is it just me or is the guitar that he appears to be trying to choke himself with, looks like a older custom ibanez?
I think all the naysayers need to understand that guitar playing is way more than playing fast or throwing the most technique in x-amount of minutes. Ed won probably because the judges decided that he was the best all-around guy. You have to admit - he's pretty damned marketable, too.

Besides, he writes one hell of a song. Songwriting far outweighs how many notes you can throw down.

That yellow Ibanez of his is ugly, IMO.
Quote by SoulTrip
I think all the naysayers need to understand that guitar playing is way more than playing fast or throwing the most technique in x-amount of minutes. Ed won probably because the judges decided that he was the best all-around guy. You have to admit - he's pretty damned marketable, too.

Besides, he writes one hell of a song. Songwriting far outweighs how many notes you can throw down.

That yellow Ibanez of his is ugly, IMO.

Maybe if this was a composition search, but its not. This is a shredder search, which means that the person that wins should be the one that throws them down the fastest...IMO
Quote by Wylde_Man
Maybe if this was a composition search, but its not. This is a shredder search, which means that the person that wins should be the one that throws them down the fastest...IMO

I understand what you mean, but all guitar playing has to be taken into context. Soloing over a well-written composition would make you appear more 'with it' than soloing into dead space or to a less-than-stellar track. A flurry of notes without meaning is just that - a flurry of notes. There has to be a point behind it all. ED is a pretty good songwriter, and deserved the win.
if that guy really is a guitar teacher and stuff i think its a bit immature of him to even enter being that good.

i mean its not like he cant but theres probably some kid out there who worked his ass off for months to get his dream guitar you know?

and i agree with the dude who said that about jumping out of trees with rebel flags. Any true redneck would call it the confederate flag. duhhhh. Poser.
wtf most people on the top 15 played way better, there was a dude that played insane with the guitar on his back, maybe he won because of his sarcastic clothes? (they are sarcastic... right? o.o )
Im thinking he won based on the fact that he satisfied all the judge's criteria for the win.
Quote by JELIFISH19
I actually saw his entry a few months ago and thought he should win. Out of the top 4, you have to admit that his entry was the most musical. Most people were trying to play as fast as they could. You could tell that he spent some time composing it instead of just shredding the entire time.

Agreed.
Yeah, the number 1 guy sounds the best
Quote by Echoplex
Mature pit regulars? Are you retarded?

I am a proud Zune 120 owner
while i think the #1 guy had the best composition (3rd place wasnt bad either)-i think that the fact that this is a shredders contest should have played a bigger part, some other guys played much faster than him but were unfortunately less musical..
Quote by Wylde_Man

If that was true, than Francesco Fareri would have won. His entry sounds like ****, but it's by far the fastest.
If this guy is professional like people are saying whats stopping someone like steve vai, satch or buckethead from entering and blowing away the competition.
Gear
Jackson Dinky DKMGT Transparent Black
Page 1 of 2