I use D addario lights on my electric. My Acoustic is pretty new but it is time for some new strings. Any suggestions on what works well and what hasn't for acoustic.
Fender HSS Deluxe Special Edition
Scheckter C-1 classic
Orange rocker 30
A few boss pedals
standard martins seem to fit most people's needs
Quote by freddaahh
I just head-desked so hard I went through the floor and came out in Mongolia.
Are those a light gauge?
Scheckter C-1 classic
Orange rocker 30
A few boss pedals
you can get them in light. whichever you prefer.
Quote by freddaahh
I just head-desked so hard I went through the floor and came out in Mongolia.
One of my friends said he uses elixers...are they worth a fock..?
Scheckter C-1 classic
Orange rocker 30
A few boss pedals
Elixr gives me the best tone and feel of any strings out there. I strongly recommend them.
I hate elixer, but if you aren't gonna change your strings very often, they are your best bet. The best strings are the Martin marquis lights. They have the phosphor bronze action, that gives nice highs and lows.
try martin silk and steels, the bass strings are wound with silk so they bend very easily, and i believe the treble strings are lighter gauged than most others.
EXP16s are my favs
My Gear:

82 Gibson Explorer
Ibanez '03 JEM7VWH

Greg Byers '01 Classical (Euro Spruce bent top)
Darren Hippner 8 String Classical (Engelmann Spruce)
Alhambra 4P
Taylor 614ce
Framus Texan se. # 5/196

Diezel Herbert 2007
Mesa Recto 2x12
Dean markley phos bronze.

I've been playing 5 years, and have pretty much settled on these.
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.
Elixirs are very much love or hate. Try them for yourself. For me, they don't last the extended period of time that they promise since my hands kill strings, so it just couldn't use them. They cost quite a bit of money, so i figured... why pay $20 for 1 pack of elixirs when I can buy 3 packs of Martins or D'addarios for less? They last the same amount of time for me.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
You know, you go to the store, play some guitars, find one that feels good, sounds good, and then you buy it.
If you like the way it sounds, I would find out what strings it came with from the factory, and start there.
So, start with what has been working best to your ears. Use that as a reference point, and then you can tweak your guitar sound from there.
elixers are nice strings and theyre inexpensive. plus they last for a long time.
support your local record stores!
buy cds and vinyl!

=]
Quote by godspeed513
elixers are nice strings and theyre inexpensive. plus they last for a long time.

Inexpensive? It's 3x more expensive than Martin SPs or D'Addarios.

My favourite strings right now are actually the Eric Clapton signature Martins. They're pretty good. I have it on my Martin right now.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.