... determined by how loud you are? By cool I mean "likable" and by association "popular".

What makes a kid cool at your school?
being a tool

being likeable puts you just bellow the coolest kids
It has come to my recent attention that our good friend CoreysMonster is not permanently detained in the Fotb.

i would like to make an apology to the following people:

that is all.

I use Linux
I'm not a tool and I'm well liked at school. OMG I'm not a tool am I?
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
It's way too sunny and warm here today to listen to black metal, I shall bookmark it and come back when the weather is worse.
yea being cool in high school is pretty much just a contest to see who can be the biggest tool (who can make the biggest idiot of themselves) and these are usually the kids who give up their beliefs/morals to be accepted. it's sad really.
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
to be 'popular' at my school you have to be an arsehole and you have to act like a ****in knobsicle. I am not one of the 'populars' and i never want to be
Definitely brah!
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
i disagree...

cause there were always those loud unliked kids.

i think popular is more like well known.... and cool is likeable..

you can be popular with a bad rep, and not be cool.

or be real cool, but not popular.
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
Getting girls mostly..
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Have to give you props that the funniest post I read in a while
Quote by GogglesVK

hazardmaster has won this thread.

Fender Stratocaster 57' Reissue (Japanese)
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Quote by TooFast
Definitely brah!

sorry i was wrong

it is actually this
It has come to my recent attention that our good friend CoreysMonster is not permanently detained in the Fotb.

i would like to make an apology to the following people:

that is all.

I use Linux
My high school wasn't like that at all. We just had a ton of little cliques that you couldn't move between once you'd been in one for awhile. Nobody was really that "popular," but if I had to pick something I'd say your "popularity" was directly related to your bro-liness and your hotness.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by gunther_sucks
Is it just me, or is cool status at your school determined by how loud you are?

Eh, not necessarily. At my high school we had this kid that was mentally handicapped and he would roam around the halls chirping like a bird and scaring the ever-loving bejesus out of you. He wasn't what you would call "well liked."
Quote by happytimeharry
Eh, not necessarily. At my high school we had this kid that was mentally handicapped and he would roam around the halls chirping like a bird and scaring the ever-loving bejesus out of you. He wasn't what you would call "well liked."

I'm sure he would be pretty cool in the bird community....

Been a while since I last saw you btw, where you been?
Quote by Early Cuyler
i disagree...

cause there were always those loud unliked kids.

i think popular is more like well known.... and cool is likeable..

you can be popular with a bad rep, and not be cool.

or be real cool, but not popular.

No way Dude! I'm probibly the MOST "Well known" person at my school...as in everyone knows, or knows of, me. There is even a large number of people who think I am super cool for some reason or another, but I am MOST DEFINANTLY NOT a popular person. Even alot of the people who think I am a really cool person also hate me, because I am stuborn, and I own alot of those douches in arguments...Also I openly call people things such as douches, and penis faces, and posers, and sheep/sheep f*ckers all the time. Because the are all conformists with no real ideas or morals of their own. Also I am an elitist, and people don't like that. The point is, people can know the **** out of you, and even think you are cool, but that doesn't mean they like you.
Quote by Meths

fret-less is wrong on most of his other points though. And he's an idiot.
Quote by Mr Lincolnlogs
Whos penis is small? fret-less's

FREE COREYSMONSTER! I'm not changing this until you RE-BAN CoreysMonster forever.
(He was mean to me once, and I'm a petty man)
Quote by gunther_sucks

Been a while since I last saw you btw, where you been?

Dude, why do people keep saying this? I never left. I just lost my edge...
At my school, cool is judged by how wasted you get in the weekends.
Makin love, makin love for two, makin love for two minutes... When its with me you only need two minutes... cuz I’m intense

Proud owner of the Anti Gnome Extermination Confederation.

Give me a yell if you wanna join!!!
Quote by Shredslayer
At my school, cool is judged by how wasted you get in the weekends.

Pretty much same here. Well, back when I went to school.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by Floyd93
I'm not a tool and I'm well liked at school. OMG I'm not a tool am I?

I was always the "nice guy" everyone got along with, but no I never reached cool status!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
at my school i was the only black guy in school. no lie. the only black kid. so kids being as dumb as they are thought i was a god. so i acted like it. and it worked. but now i homeschool cuz im too dedicated to my bass to go to school.
Quote by TooFast
Definitely brah!

Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
My school is weird, there isn't really cool people and uncool people. You either just like someone or you don't.
In college, there really is no such thing as "popular" or "cool" unless your on the football team. Just be yourself and its all good.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
- James Marshall Hendrix

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but you can free your mind."
- Bob Marley
At my school, it's how much you get drunk or how much you go to starbucks- I don't do either of them.
In my school, coolness was determined by who could wear a big floppy pimp hat and zebra-print coat with the most style.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
I have been out of school for 8 years and it is the same thing at work. Everyone has their cliques.

Younger Clique:
How much you can drink, how much you talk ****, how many women you take home

Anti-Social Clique:
How much you DON'T talk to people and how moody you are

Chick Clique:
How much you show that you try to show off that you can do anything better than a man and how much you complaint about things being unfair.

Gamers Clique:
WOW hours played, shunning anyone that doesn't play, and Case modding

Old Crusty Clique:
How much you put the youngsters in place, how many stories you have of WWNam, and How long you have been in.

I am sure I missed some but hey it's a start.
In my school it appears to be the most obnoxious people that are the 'popular' ones. It's very funny to me how everyone who wants to be popular looks exactly the same: gelled short hair, vibrant coloured shirt, and jeans.

Granted the group of people I hang out with seem to have the same idea too: long-ish hair, darker much more baggy clothing, not caring about acne... etc.

Popular kids really are annoying...
I've never properly noticed until thinking about it now, but my school is mainly made up of different cliques (like other people have said). Basically the school I go to at the moment is a senior secondary/college (final 2/3 years of pretertiary education) and nearly everyone who goes either went to one of about 6 or so different high schools. So really the groups have continued on from how they were in each of the high schools.

But yeah I have noticed that some of the people, who might be considered more 'popular', usually are the more louder people or do some of the more stupid things. TBH, as long as I have a select few people who I can really call friends and trust, I couldn't care less whether I was perceived as being cool or w/e by my peers.
Quote by whalepudding
That is the most Australian post I've ever seen.

Fuckin' oath, fella!!
Quote by 'GoodnightHero'
i absolutely fucking love you.
and it has nothing to do with your lego ACDC fetish.

Strewth, cobber! Good on ya!
Damn i hated school, so glad im out of there, in tech now though, so its only gotten slightly better on the tolerable scale