I've been looking at a few PRSs but I'm not quite sure how they design their tremolos.

help please?
Schecter Hellraiser C7 w/ BKPs
Hughes and Kettner Switchblade
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

"From My Rotting Body, Flowers Shall Grow, And I Am In Them, And That Is Eternity"
I think they're just pretty standard synchronised tremolos like the ones Fender use. But I haven't played a PRS before so I'm just taking a wild guess.
I've seen pictures of them and it looks like a string thru kind of. Its looks like you just put the end of the string through the tremolo system. I hope its not like a OFR.

I hate those damn things >.<
Schecter Hellraiser C7 w/ BKPs
Hughes and Kettner Switchblade
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

"From My Rotting Body, Flowers Shall Grow, And I Am In Them, And That Is Eternity"
The other guitarist in my band has a PRS with trem. VERY nice!!! The design base is the same as a Fender but it feels a lot smoother to use and more solid (mass) provide more tone. They setup beautifully and easily, like any non locking tremolo when it comes to string replacement the usual things need to be taken into account like enough string winds on the tuners to stop slippage and make sure the nut is lubed to stop string catching. As usual a floating bridge when bending the other strings go a bit flat, but hey we all compensate for our own equipents shortcomings. Overall I would go for it awsome to use and once its setup for the guage of string used its, set and forget. My opinion anyway.
the trem on my tremonti works like a floyd (as it has up-routing), without the locking nut - instead it has locking tuners. you get a similar amount of give in the dives, but you can't raise the pitch as much as a floyd, and it never goes out of tune.
Quote by haz_uk
the trem on my tremonti works like a floyd (as it has up-routing), without the locking nut - instead it has locking tuners. you get a similar amount of give in the dives, but you can't raise the pitch as much as a floyd, and it never goes out of tune.

Its everything I want in a guitar....
False if it came with coil split then yes.
Guitars
- Schecter Tempest
- Epi LP Custom
- Ovation Acoustic
- BC Rich Dagger
Quote by suprfly

Amps & Effects
- B-52 AT-100
- Girlfriend (doubles as a Tube Screamer)
- Steve Vai Bad horsie 2

Quote by MightyAl
This strength is built and maintained by masturbation.