really quick question, not even sure where to post this, but if i record a song, what do i have to do to make sure that it's mine, and then no one can pass it off as theres?
nothing.
Quote by Survivalism
Copyright it?

do i have to copywright it? doesnt that cost money, i was thinking more a way so that i could legally prove i wrote it (im a little paranoid)
nothing.
Record it, burn it to a CD and mail a few copies to yourself in seperate envelopes. Don't open them, the date stamp will prove when they were mailed and it will hold up in court
ohai little sig.
Quote by Demonikk
Record it, burn it to a CD and mail a few copies to yourself in seperate envelopes. Don't open them, the date stamp will prove when they were mailed and it will hold up in court

This is actually a legit way to do it.
Quote by SaulHudson#2
really quick question, not even sure where to post this, but if i record a song, what do i have to do to make sure that it's mine, and then no one can pass it off as theres?

Make sure it's not very good.
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
You can always send me any credit card numbers, your social security number, birthday, current residence, passwords to any accounts you might have, etc. and I'll compile it into my system, along with the song, and ensure you that it's 100% original.
Quote by Demonikk

That is the easiest way to copyright something, follow those words and you can't go wrong
Quote by Demonikk

thank you lots
nothing.
Quote by kezzaguy
Is your song really that good?

well, my friends think so, and one of them has learned it, and keeps playing it in front of people, jokingly claiming it as his own, but im paranoid, so i just wanna be safe, cos these songs mean alot to me
nothing.