http://www.rondomusic.com/spadredleft.html

Left-Handed, Alder Body, 24 frets on a SET neck, all black hardware with Diecast tuners, adjustable truss, and a 5-way selector. Only thing I'd imagine being crappy is the pickups, I can just put in a bill lawrence on the bridge slot for $50.

So that would pretty much be $200 for a really well-suited good metal axe, I understand the main brands would charge atleast $400-$600 for a guitar of this quality. Is this a non-profit organization or something? It just seems like there's gotta be a catch, because with a name brand you'd easily pay over three times that price for an equivalent quality guitar. I've heard nothing but good comments about agile, and apparently this is Rondo's low budget series, known as Douglas. The set neck combined with this price just really confuses me, but excites me at the same time. Anyone played any Douglas's? I only see reviews for Agile's.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Quote by Roots_radical
(The catch is that it's left handed)

Makes absolutely no sense seeing as they have the same exact guitar in right-handed at the same price if not cheaper.

I am left-handed in case people didn't figure that out yet, lol.

Sorry, being kinda crude, got some stuff stuck in my nose.

Quote by angus_young_32

UG Hatecrew FTW
TabMaster, thanks for finding that review, pretty much all I wanted to know. From what I've observed, it is a DAMN GOOD deal, and I'm really glad to escape with a fine metal axe for an accumulation of about $200. I simply cannot complain in any way, seeing as I'm swapping the bridge pickup for a cheap price as well.

Quote by angus_young_32

UG Hatecrew FTW
i just feel cheap guitars dont play too well..i would say at least see if you can try it.. as it looks real good, but the neck could be so slow..i know some starter guitars suck balls for that..
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
Quote by fairycake92
i just feel cheap guitars dont play too well..i would say at least see if you can try it.. as it looks real good, but the neck could be so slow..i know some starter guitars suck balls for that..

I love cheap starter guitars, because they provide a new angle of learning. If the neck is too slow, too chunky or whatever to be able to play on, then it allows for learning how to play on a neck like that. Any guitar can be made to sound good, and by learning on multiple necks, you will be even better when you get a better guitar.
It isn't a catch. I got an Agile the other day, 7 strings, good materials, LFR, 24 frets, EMGs for $599. They just sell directly and therefore the price isn't as high as it would when a company like samash.com buys from say, Gibson. Gibson already raises the price to obtain profit from the money used on materials in the crafting process and samash will do the same to resell and make more money. Rondo just crafts and sells directly, besides having cheap prices.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Quote by fairycake92

GHS fast fret - $5
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Alright great, found a guitar suited for metal for $200, what a dream..

Quote by angus_young_32

UG Hatecrew FTW
Quote by random_B-RAD
GHS fast fret - $5

lol im not using **** on my fretboard..

i would rather buy a decent guitar that plays nice..
its like buying a 25 year old Nova...or a 2 year old Toyota.. hmm...
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
Quote by bloodycomfort
http://www.rondomusic.com/spadredleft.html

Left-Handed, Alder Body, 24 frets on a SET neck, all black hardware with Diecast tuners, adjustable truss, and a 5-way selector. Only thing I'd imagine being crappy is the pickups, I can just put in a bill lawrence on the bridge slot for $50.

So that would pretty much be $200 for a really well-suited good metal axe, I understand the main brands would charge atleast $400-$600 for a guitar of this quality. Is this a non-profit organization or something? It just seems like there's gotta be a catch, because with a name brand you'd easily pay over three times that price for an equivalent quality guitar. I've heard nothing but good comments about agile, and apparently this is Rondo's low budget series, known as Douglas. The set neck combined with this price just really confuses me, but excites me at the same time. Anyone played any Douglas's? I only see reviews for Agile's.

Yeah, there is a catch... if you're right-handed XD

Well, I mean, have you actually played it?
Quote by dandadog
I love cheap starter guitars, because they provide a new angle of learning. If the neck is too slow, too chunky or whatever to be able to play on, then it allows for learning how to play on a neck like that. Any guitar can be made to sound good, and by learning on multiple necks, you will be even better when you get a better guitar.

Too true, I was crap on my squier, got a new guitar started to get better, used my squier again, now it actually feels pretty comfortable and with a little tlc and new pickups could be pretty good. Don't judge a guitar by it's price, judge it by it's playablility, ie holding it inn your hands.
I am not familiar with agile or douglas. I have gave though in the past to ordering from Rondo. But i havnt as of yet. I was looking at one of the SX guitars once and it seemed like an amazing deal. I was thinking to good to be true. Anyway, if you order it, let me know how it goes, maybe i will try one out as well. Its not like i would be spending a fortune or anything, almost seems worth the gamble for the low price.
Quote by dandadog

This is true but when I buy a new guitar I want it to play good.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
for saying that alder, set neck and 24 frets must be a great deal, im happy to give you an alder plank with a set neck and 24 crap frets and you pay me $100 for it.

deal?

really, try it out before you get it. You're planning on replacing the bridge pickup, you might have to change all pickups, and the pots and switches, not to mention the hardware - do guitars in this price range éver stay in tune? and do you want some reasonable sustain? - and besides that, the fret job might just as well be horrible and you'll be stuck with 2cm action.

^ probably not all the case but if you dont know, do you want to take the risk without having played it?

Quote by fairycake92

its not **** it's good
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Quote by bornfidelity
for saying that alder, set neck and 24 frets must be a great deal, im happy to give you an alder plank with a set neck and 24 crap frets and you pay me $100 for it.

deal?

really, try it out before you get it. You're planning on replacing the bridge pickup, you might have to change all pickups, and the pots and switches, not to mention the hardware - do guitars in this price range éver stay in tune? and do you want some reasonable sustain? - and besides that, the fret job might just as well be horrible and you'll be stuck with 2cm action.

^ probably not all the case but if you dont know, do you want to take the risk without having played it?

its not **** it's good

He can't play it anyway because no shop besides Rondo has their guitars unless a friend of his has one. Either way, I took the risk and so have many where you see a overall margin of positive feedback on their guitars and he can always send it back in a period of 7 days after receiving it to get a replacement of the same guitar or just money back. He has 30 days but shipping isn't refunded.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Quote by RR787
It isn't a catch. I got an Agile the other day, 7 strings, good materials, LFR, 24 frets, EMGs for $599. They just sell directly and therefore the price isn't as high as it would when a company like samash.com buys from say, Gibson. Gibson already raises the price to obtain profit from the money used on materials in the crafting process and samash will do the same to resell and make more money. Rondo just crafts and sells directly, besides having cheap prices.

Douglas=/=Agile.
I think it is an awesome guitar, for the money. It must be the companys flagship model. E.g the dean 79 ml (£350) is as good quality as the higher end mls (£700), but its just a model that dean want to sell as a cheaper alternative so that it will sell. I say go for it.
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
Quote by bazzabalboa
I think it is an awesome guitar, for the money. It must be the companys flagship model. E.g the dean 79 ml (£350) is as good quality as the higher end mls (£700), but its just a model that dean want to sell as a cheaper alternative so that it will sell. I say go for it.

But the Dean Evo XM (E 120) is potentially a good guitar as well. As is a baby dean Z a friend of mine's got. Dean simply makes acceptable lower-end guitars. The lower end Schenker sig is only about E300 as well

it doesn't have to be the company's flagship model, it's subbranded ('douglas'). squier guitars arent fender flagship models either (thank heavens. or no one would buy strats..! :p
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Quote by fairycake92

I'll take the Nova over most Toyota's in a heartbeat. Why wouldn't you use a product designed for the neck of the guitar? Would you not wash the Toyota for fear of wearing off the paint?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
I'll take the Nova over most Toyota's in a heartbeat. Why wouldn't you use a product designed for the neck of the guitar? Would you not wash the Toyota for fear of wearing off the paint?

Maybe if it was a 35 year old Nova, not 25

TS, the catch is being a Korean/Chinese guitar, minor things will likely need to be done to get it perfect. The electronics are likely going to be extremely cheap. Fit and finish may be on the iffy side as well. It will probably need some adjustment to the nut and possibly fretwork. If you feel you can do these things, I would have no issue with it. Seems like a pretty good buy, but it will probably take an hour on the bench or so to get it up to it's potential. Just the way cheap guitars are.
As the above said the electronics are crap. Douglas guitars play well for their price, just don't expect the pickups to blow you away or anything.
What amp do you have? The pickups wont make hardly any difference at all if you are using a practice amp.
I've emailed the kurt from Rondo about the Douglas' and he said theyre def lower level guitars, quality's not a top priority in order to keep price down...personally I'd go a little better and get an Agile, cause they are top quality
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Quote by CJRocker
Maybe if it was a 35 year old Nova, not 25

Yea the older the better, with a holley too!

TS, cheap guitars with good pups mean you don't get too upset if it gets a ding or two. Just a thought.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.