Hey, so one of my friends wants to learn to play guitar.
That's no problem and all, but he's left handed.

Does anyone know a good BEGINNER guitar set for lefties?
He wants to play metal/ metalcore, so I suggested an Ibanez or Yamaha?
Jackson Dinky will run his money worth, reliable guitar that is known for making a good metal tone.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Quote by bloodycomfort
Jackson Dinky will run his money worth, reliable guitar that is known for making a good metal tone.

Thanks, but his budgets only about 300, 400 euros.
And if possible, a set, with cheap amp etc.
In that case, I would go with a budget brand, such as Douglas or Agile, I've heard plenty of good comments about Agile.

Check out their site at www.rondomusic.com, Once you click on Electric Guitars, at the top of the page you will see the link for the lefty guitars. They also sell a really cheap starter combo amp.

If he does get one of those guitars, I would suggest buying new pickups after he learns some basics, that are more suitable for metal, but I think this is an excellent brand to start with.

Quote by angus_young_32

UG Hatecrew FTW
Last edited by bloodycomfort at Dec 18, 2008,
Quote by bloodycomfort
In that case, I would go with a budget brand, such as Douglas or Agile, I've heard plenty of good comments about Agile.

Check out their site at www.rondomusic.com, Once you click on Electric Guitars, at the top of the page you will see the link for the lefty guitars. They also sell a really cheap starter combo amp.

If he does get one of those guitars, I would suggest buying new pickups after he learns some basics, that are more suitable for metal, but I think this is an excellent brand to start with.

Thank you. I've found a nice Ibanez GRG 170 DX Left BK , is that any good? It's only 229 euros?
^Yep, looks like a fine starter guitar to me, but like I said previously, after he gets used to playing a bit, and wants to learn some metal songs, he might come to realize that he wants some better pickups for metal music. Tell him to worry about his amp more than his guitar when it comes to tone/sound, that's where the most sound change is involved in my opinion.

Glad to know another lefty is going to play as well, welcome to the club.

Quote by angus_young_32

UG Hatecrew FTW
Quote by LordPino
Hey, so one of my friends wants to learn to play guitar.
That's no problem and all, but he's left handed.

Does anyone know a good BEGINNER guitar set for lefties?
He wants to play metal/ metalcore, so I suggested an Ibanez or Yamaha?

If he hasn't started playing at all, it might just be easier for him to learn on a righty guitar, it won't be any harder or anything since playing requires ambidextrous coordianation anyway. I have a friend that learned to play like this and it worked for him.