I just read that Zacky and Synyster Gates aren't using Bogner amps anymore. They got a Marshall endorsement and are using JCM800's now. Every time I've heard them talk about Bogner they always talked really high of them, and I'm sure they've at least tried JCMs in the past...I mean anybody can go play one at a guitar shop. So why the change now? What do you think? Discuss...
its all about getting paid.

Bogners are incredible amps, but they probably weren't getting paid to endorse them. Marshall on the other hand is probably throwing money at them.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
Quote by JLT73
its all about getting paid.

Bogners are incredible amps, but they probably weren't getting paid to endorse them. Marshall on the other hand is probably throwing money at them.

yea, especially when good tone isn't a priority
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
I really could care less what gear A7X is using. I don't like their music or their tone :\
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by slickerthnsleek
Then why read the thread you moron?

I agree! What a jerkbag.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Agreed with whoever said it's about money. They can use whatever they want in the studio, they just have to use Marshall's live

Avenged Sevenfold are so 2006
A7X in my opinion has now sold out. Even around when City Of Evil came out, I didnt think they completely sold out but now I definitely think they have. Now, they're all about the money.
It's not all about the money. They said Bogners weren't really good on the road in an interview they did a long time ago. They're boutique amps and are not readily available in many places. So if something goes wrong, they're screwed. They weren't endorsed by them either, which didn't make things any easier. They do love their Bogners, it's just not the most practical amp when it comes to touring.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
TS, where'd you read this? Link?

Its in the most recent issue of Guitar World...I will try to find it online.
Thanks for your opinion Sanitarium, that's fantastic. Now, let's all go read threads about bands we hate for no reason other than to clog them up with pointless crap and irritate everyone else.
Isn't it true though that while they might be endorsed by Marshall, that doesn't mean they use them in the studio does it?
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Quote by MustangSVT
Isn't it true though that while they might be endorsed by Marshall, that doesn't mean they use them in the studio does it?

Not really sure here...probably depends on the contract they signed. Most bands use a sh*t ton of amps in the studio...watch some of the Metallica videos while they were recording Death Magnetic.
They don't even have to use the endorsed amps live. They just have to LOOK like they're using the endorsed amps. George Lynch (of Dokken/Lynch Mob) had a huge wall of Marshalls onstage live, but his sound was coming from a Soldano SLO 100 half stack mic'd on the side of the stage out of view. Don't even kid yourselves. It IS all about the money, kids. Do you think Zakk uses an MG? He knows what a piece of **** it is, but he gets paid enough to promote them, that he can still sleep well at night.
(Which is unfortunate for beginners shopping for amps with crushing overdrive) .
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
For teh $$$. No other reason.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by Exo M7
I really could care less what gear A7X is using. I don't like their music or their tone :\

yeah, especially after hearing all the albums that have followed waking the fallen, I honestly consider them musically retarded. waking the fallen was a great disc though.
My band.
www.myspace.com/bransonny

My gear.
Marshall: JCM800 2205, 6100, 1960AV
H&K: Triamp MKII, Duotone
Mesa: Recto recording pre, 212
2 Avatar 412 (v30's)
Gibson: LP std, SG std, SG goth, SG spec
G&L ASAT classic
Martin DC-16GTE
Quote by The Willy
A7X in my opinion has now sold out. Even around when City Of Evil came out, I didnt think they completely sold out but now I definitely think they have. Now, they're all about the money.

I never understood this logic. How is making money from whoever will pay you selling out? I always thought that was the point of business? Like it or not, bands are businesses too.

If that is the argument, then no band would ever gig because the promoter needs to make money on the show, therefor requiring some level of conformity so money can be made (ie "SELLING OUT") If your music doesn't fit what he thinks will sell, then you either conform or you don't work. It is not just band needing to play covers in order to work a bar on Friday night: if a metal venue doesn't think some swedish influenced tech-death-neoclassical-goth-virgin sacrifice-core band will get people to his show, then that band is SOL. Playing live is a lot different than playing in your bedroom; live, you have to make the audience feel you -- if you fail, then your career is done. In your bedroom, you can do whatever the hell you feel like. That's just the way things work.

As for taking an endorsement: Hell yes I would take one. What a lot of people fail to realize is that when you play out, most bands don't take their full rigs on long trips. Most bands just take some guitars and their pedalboard; the venue provides the house amps and PA (or the band rents, which is what A7X does). Taking an endorsement from Marshall guarantees that I will have a Marshall of my choosing ready in every venue (which is a lot better than trying to shred on an AC30 or some other inadequate amp). If I couldn't find a Bogner in every city I played in, but Marshall said they would pay me to use their product live, Hell Yes I would take it. Marshalls may not be perfect, but they will get the job done better than most.

* Most huge bands (like Metallica and U2) do travel with their own large rigs, but for smaller bands (A7X included), this is not cost effective.

If you don't like their new found fan base: why wouldn't you want as many fans as possible? I love it when people tell me that they love my music, so I would imagine other bands would too. Granted, some of A7X's new fans are annoying, but that isn't the band's fault. To my ears, the band hasn't changed that much since Waking the Fallen (which is a lot different than Sounding the Seventh Trumpet anyway). Granted they don't scream, but that is because of a medical condition.

Lars Ulrich put it best: "Damn right we sell out. Every Night. We sell out every arena we play in".

tl;dr Selling out is a ridiculous term used by bedroom musicians who don't understand that music is a business and everyone sells out to a degree.

I just noticed you have a Pantera avatar. How much stuff was Dimebag endorsing before he died? Washburn, Dean, Seymour Duncan, Krank, DR strings....

On topic: I thought they went from Bogner to Mesa?
Last edited by colin617 at Dec 18, 2008,
What the hell are you guys talking about ?
They still use the same gear its just that now they are bigger so they now put Cabs on stage ( something that they didnt did before ) and they use Marshall cabs.

Bogner head / mesa
Marshall cabs

( Ive seen a7x in show 3 days ago :P )
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Quote by Hcmanu
What the hell are you guys talking about ?
They still use the same gear its just that now they are bigger so they now put Cabs on stage ( something that they didnt did before ) and they use Marshall cabs.

Bogner head / mesa
Marshall cabs

( Ive seen a7x in show 3 days ago :P )

I will quote the exact words from the magazine when I get off work. They definitely have an endorsement from Marshall...and they definitely say they have moved away from Bogner.

EDIT: I wouldn't have posted if I didn't read it.
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Dec 18, 2008,
Quote by eyebanez333
Wrong. I will quote the exact words from the magazine when I get off work. They definitely have an endorsement from Marshall...and they definitely say they have moved away from Bogner.

Well they probably have an endorsement but i swear to god that ive seen atleast 2 Bogner head few days ago.
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
know one knows the marshall law it states that endorsees do not get payed to use them
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
good for them, I actually love their tone regardless of what everyone says here. Granted I prefer Waken the fallen over the other albums, but I still enjoy them immensely.
Quote by The Willy

As kind of a non metal fan (metallica's awesome, bout as far metal as I'll go)...I do like Avenged Sevenfold since they started singing, it takes more talent to sing than to yell...and they write some nice catchy songs with their own style....lastly ud change to another company too if the money was better
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
JCM? I thought those were classic rock amps for people like me?
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Well, their tone sounded like **** with Bogners, they'll probably still sound like **** with Marshalls.
Who in here would give up a Bogner Uberschall or an XTC for a Marshall JCM800??? I know I sure in the hell wouldn't. Oh wait, Marshall PAID them too? Hmm...
Do people still listen to AX7?
Quote by al112987
Well, their tone sounded like **** with Bogners, they'll probably still sound like **** with Marshalls.

+1 If you cant make a Bogner sound good something is wrong... I suck horribly as a guitar player but even I cant make a Uberschall sound bad..

Quote by TheEsupremacy
Who in here would give up a Bogner Uberschall or an XTC for a Marshall JCM800??? I know I sure in the hell wouldn't. Oh wait, Marshall PAID them too? Hmm...
Do people still listen to AX7?

Did people ever start listening to them.... lol
From Feb.09 Guitar World, pg. 39:

What's you live setup, as far as guitars, amps and effects? -Eddie Talbot

Gates: "We just got an endorsement from Marshall, so that's what I'm playing now. Before it was all about Bogners. But once we got our hands on the Marshall JCM800s, we realized just how freaking awesome they were. I play Schecters, and I put a Boss CS-2 [Compressor Sustainer] in my chain, and that's it.

Vengeance: "I'm a huge fan of Bogner Uberschall heads and basic Bogner cabs, but I've also recently fallen in love with the Marshall JCM800s. My guitar is the Schecter Zacky Vengeance signature, with Seymour Duncan JBs in both positions. It's the same as the production version."
Quote by eyebanez333
From Feb.09 Guitar World, pg. 39:

What's you live setup, as far as guitars, amps and effects? -Eddie Talbot

Gates: "We just got an endorsement from Marshall, so that's what I'm playing now. Before it was all about Bogners. But once we got our hands on the Marshall JCM800s, we realized just how freaking awesome they were. I play Schecters, and I put a Boss CS-2 [Compressor Sustainer] in my chain, and that's it.

Vengeance: "I'm a huge fan of Bogner Uberschall heads and basic Bogner cabs, but I've also recently fallen in love with the Marshall JCM800s. My guitar is the Schecter Zacky Vengeance signature, with Seymour Duncan JBs in both positions. It's the same as the production version."

Dude that so signature Marshall Sheep Brain Washing...

We got an endorsement now magically I love these amps.......
Quote by Exo M7
I really could care less what gear A7X is using.

NO, you really COULDN'T.

It's all about the $$$
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by hans the lefty
know one knows the marshall law it states that endorsees do not get payed to use them

I have a friend who is endorsed by marshall and orange.

He gets lots of free stuff from them and im sure when he's on stage, he get's a bit of money from them as everyone see's the name when they play live.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
I have an endorsement from Traynor. The contract is that each time I play live, they give me awesome tone. I'm a fan of it.

Seriously though? For all you know, they could just be lying in the article too, and just hide bogner heads behind their marshall cabs, and be running those instead. :P
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
Quote by echo_4190
I have an endorsement from Traynor. The contract is that each time I play live, they give me awesome tone. I'm a fan of it.

Seriously though? For all you know, they could just be lying in the article too, and just hide bogner heads behind their marshall cabs, and be running those instead. :P

Krank still gets sooooo much crap for pulling that...