I'm currently looking at getting the Schecter Omen 6. I don't know whether to get one with a floyd or one with a fixed bridge. My budget is $400 but I might be able to push it to $500 if I sell my wah pedal or my old guitar.

I can't find an image of one with a Floyd rose.

Specs:
# Construction / Scale: Bolt-on /25.5”
# Body: Basswood
# Neck: Maple
# Fingerboard: Rosewood
# Bridge: TOM w/Thru-body
# Pickups: Diamond Plus
# Finishes: Walnut Satin, Black Satin, Electric Blue, White

Floyd Rose Model:
o Pickups: 2 Schecter High Output Alnico humbuckers
o Bridge: Licensed Floyd Rose Locking Tremolo
o Finishes: Black

With floyd is $500 and without is $400. Which one should I get and what finish do you think looks best?
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Last edited by random_B-RAD at Dec 18, 2008,
If you want a FR, then get it, I find mine really useful, only problem I find is they take a little while to string up, and you can't drop tune as easily. And there's nothing wrong with liscensed FR's, but it depends on the brand really.

Edit: Buy the C-1 FR instead, definatly.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Last edited by Jesstaa at Dec 18, 2008,
Quote by fairycake92
without, its a licensed.. so its not much cop.. if you want a schecter im sure you can find a hellraiser, maybe a hellraiser FR for $500 used!!!!!

[edit]
eh voila

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-?sku=518491

get it...far superior

No one understands the failness of the Australian dollar. That C1-FR would cost about $700-800 for me.
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
can you not ship to aussie?
well .. i suppose im thinkin of recession bearing england..
but yea..what would that make your us dollar rate?
like how much USD would you have..

when we move to aussie..im DEFINATELY bringing all my gear..would pay my rent for years if i was to sell at your rates!!!!!
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
Last I checked 1 AUD is 63 US cents. I'd much rather just deal with a place in Australia where I can get it quickly and no waiting for shipping.
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
gotcha..
i still would recommend saving a bit more..esp at those rates mate!
like if you work, its a quick fix, but if not, i can understand the need to buy a new guitar!!

you could always do the quick money earner..get a motorbike, insure it and get hit by a car..
worked for me..still injured a year later..but got money
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
right now musiciansfriend is selling the shecter C1 FR for 349 USD. check it out.
Quote by cthuludawn21
right now musiciansfriend is selling the shecter C1 FR for 349 USD. check it out.

but im not waiting 2 months for a guitar to get shipped to me.

I see most of you didn't notice, but my main question was is it worth trading in my Vox wah or Squier to get the FR? I sent in an Email asking how much I would get for the Squier.
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by random_B-RAD
but im not waiting 2 months for a guitar to get shipped to me.

I see most of you didn't notice, but my main question was is it worth trading in my Vox wah or Squier to get the FR? I sent in an Email asking how much I would get for the Squier.

if you solo alot and like to throw alot of extra flair into your playing, get the FR

if you're basically just a rhythm guitarist and play pretty straightforward, dont get the FR

i don't know anything about schecters, but i love FR's cuz its fun just to mess around with and it really adds stuff to your music. i think it would be worth getting
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
Australia is teh failz for buying musical equipment, it totally sucks.

I say get the one without the FR, unless you end up getting a C1 or something.
hey your in perth, me 2.. i got the one with floyd rose a few months back from billy hyde... yeah it's fine, stays in tune pretty well.... could use some diff pups for a heavier tone but it's not a bad guitar.