Hey there,

I'm a Guitar player (new) i can play a bit, but i'd like to find a nice metal
(style AND sound) electric guitar.

anny 1 knows some? (I got like 700$ for it)

(also if you know some easy taps it would be nice )
don't buy a cheap ibanez RG with a tremolo, you're just buyin a heap of problems.
Also if you're new then you should avoid tremolos like the plague.

Is any of that budget for an amp?
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
700 bucks could get you a decent BC rich, Dean, Jackson, ESP LTD, Schecter, Ibanez.

if you mean what i think you mean by looks metal...maybe look into Dean or BC rich

if your looking for a the sound i think all of those could do it, they would just have their own sound and feel.

I would just go try a bunch of ****, but i would look into Schecter, ESP or Jackson. they would have something that would fit the budget, fit the sound, fit the attitude.

ESP, Jackson, Ibanez (Hardtail) , Schecter or Agile. Try those out.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
id say go with a jackson. and a small amp to get started
my guitars:
~Epiphone: Zakk wylde- custom bullseye
~Dean cadillac select
~JACKSON: JS30-RR-RANDY RHOADS
~epiphone: Les Paul Special-II
~crestwood: acoustic electric
~rogue: acoustic guitar
~Kay: electric Guitar strat body style (my 1st guitar)
I got 700 $ but if my skii trip gets canceld i got like 4000 =P (or more)
I got an AMP but if you know a cheep good 1 i'll propperly bye it =P
Quote by Guitarmoller
I got 700 $ but if my skii trip gets canceld i got like 4000 =P (or more)
I got an AMP but if you know a cheep good 1 i'll propperly bye it =P

well if your ski triip gets cancelled you can get one hell of a rig set up. are you a beginer?
......if you're new at it....why do you need diff guitars for genre? It's a tad too early.
Quote by Gregoric
don't buy a cheap ibanez RG with a tremolo, you're just buyin a heap of problems.
Also if you're new then you should avoid tremolos like the plague.

Is any of that budget for an amp?

oh and yes...avoid those damn tremolos. they will just make you not want to play anymore. especially when you find out that you gotta set up the guitar all over to change a tuning. its just a pain in the ass you dont wanna deal with. if your looking for a cheap "metal" amp..look into Peavey's stuff. they got some good ****. Roland Cubes are nice. stay clear of the infamous Line 6 Spider III and the Marshall MG series, and youll be alright with whatever you decide to get.

ohh by the way... ive played with new players like me on the school for 1 year (1 time each week) =)
If you're looking for a more metal sound, you're probably gonna want to spend more on a good amp than on a good guitar. I would just get a cheap Agile or Epiphone and then spend as much as you can on a good tube amp with good distortion, such as the Randall RG50TC or Line 6 Spider Valve 112. And before people start Spider bashing, it sounds in no way like a Spider III. It's an awesome sounding amp and I suggest you people go play it before saying how much it sucks.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by xXMetal-HeadXx
oh and yes...avoid those damn tremolos. they will just make you not want to play anymore. especially when you find out that you gotta set up the guitar all over to change a tuning. its just a pain in the ass you dont wanna deal with. if your looking for a cheap "metal" amp..look into Peavey's stuff. they got some good ****. Roland Cubes are nice. stay clear of the infamous Line 6 Spider III and the Marshall MG series, and youll be alright with whatever you decide to get.

This,
get whatever feels comfortable TS.
But I recommend you know what to avoid, and you avoid what we advise you to avoid.

So avoid:

Edge III tremolos (found on Ibanez RGs)

Maybe just avoid tremolos all together.

Also avoid new Deans, I know you want something that looks metal but those thigns are shoddily made and way overpriced. You can get better stuff than that which looks just as 'metal'

Avoid any Marshall MG amp.

Ignore line 6 spider IIIs

if you want a cheap amp, maybe look into a peavey vypyr.

Happy hunting
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by mafropetee
If you're looking for a more metal sound, you're probably gonna want to spend more on a good amp than on a good guitar. I would just get a cheap Agile or Epiphone and then spend as much as you can on a good tube amp with good distortion, such as the Randall RG50TC or Line 6 Spider Valve 112. And before people start Spider bashing, it sounds in no way like a Spider III. It's an awesome sounding amp and I suggest you people go play it before saying how much it sucks.

i dont think people bash the Spider Valve as much..it is actually a decent amp. Not all line 6 stuff is crap..just those silly Spider III's. he probably doesnt need a tube amp if he is a just getting into electrics. we dont have to get into the tube SS argument or anything, but i think a SS will give him more bang for his buck. He could get a great Solid State at the price of a mediocre Tube amp. then again its all personal preferance.

if your ski trip falls thru and you want to spend more money on an amp, look into the Line 6 Vetta II. One hell of an amp, and models like a hundred different amps. If you cant get a metal sound outta that; then im sorry.

P.S. i am fairly certain i heard that Meshuggah's guitar players use those amps.

Schecter Hellraiser. I guarantee you won't regret it. Now go out and try a ton of guitars and pick one.

You'll pick the Hellraiser.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Quote by ManInAClownSuit
Schecter Hellraiser. I guarantee you won't regret it. Now go out and try a ton of guitars and pick one.

You'll pick the Hellraiser.

Not a good first electric tbh, the EMGs are really un-versatile and there's no point in having them unless you're playing through a gd tube.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
I have a Johnson Catalyst, it works fine for metal, just through on some metal distortion and it sounds heavy enough.
if u plan to stick to it don't settle for metal tubes are the best i personally swear by peavey amps as far as bang for buck goes but a 6505 is a bit much even tho it sounds absolutely gorgeous i recently been look at there valve king series its all tube amp with a built in dummy load sorta feature so u can crank the bitch to get the juiciest metal tone without blowing anything but its pretty cheap as far as tube amps go. as for guitar a good mid range esp ltd like there M series or there or EC series they come with decent esp pickups decent floyd rose's that are made in japan 24 frets and fast necks. also a good Jackson with EMG's or Duncan's or the newer dean black knight its an awsome metal guitar for a good price