OK, so i've been playing for a while now, like a year, and i still cant play a whole song, excluding Electric Funeral by Black Sabbath. I want to learn more stuff like Nickelback, Nirvana, Alice in Chains kinda rock, any advice on how to make myself sit down and go through the whole song?
"Kill one man, you're a MURDERER. Kill many, and you're a CONQUERER. Kill them all and you're a GOD."
i have somethin that might help.

every song i have learnt is a song i like alot or love. If you try and learn a song that you only like abit then its highly unlikely that you will sit and learn the whole thing.
Look for some songs that you absolutely love and that you think sound great. If you can imagine yourself playin that song on guitar and you really want to learn then you will almost certainly learn it all.. but thats only if you have the enthusiasm to learn it.

What i have suggested is really in relation to me when i learn songs.. but it might help you.

If it helps you.. im glad i have helped you
if not.. sorry
paramore Bellz
same here i just learn the cool lick and then give up on it

What i do is break it down on section you know like intro/verse/chorous/solo/outro

so just start witht he boring parts first and finish with the ones your into

that way you you will look foward to learning every part

hope that helps sorry for my english :P

Guitar : Fender CIJ Mustang and a Telecaster
Amp : 76 fender champ
Pedals : BBE green screamer, Big muff, Ibanez LU20 Pedal Tuner, boss loop pedal
It's a matter of self-dicipline. You have to want to be able to play the song enough to sit down and flesh it out. There isn't any simple answer for it. Try practicing somewhere that there aren't distractions, like away from a computer/T.V. so you aren't inclined to let your focus waver. Other then that, you just have to want it enough and put in the work to be able to do it.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Don't worry, you. I can't play any whole songs (Beside originals), and i've been playing for .. eh.. not sure. Somewhere between 3 and 6 years.. yeah.. drugs does that to you!.. xD Anyway..

I always just learn the parts i consider "KEWL".. ANd thats it :P
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!
I've learned a few songs lately that I don't care for too much but that was just so I have more things to play
Quote by Garou1911
It's a matter of self-dicipline. You have to want to be able to play the song enough to sit down and flesh it out. There isn't any simple answer for it. Try practicing somewhere that there aren't distractions, like away from a computer/T.V. so you aren't inclined to let your focus waver. Other then that, you just have to want it enough and put in the work to be able to do it.

Yea, he's right, takes a lot of self-descipline to learn a whole song, with the solo(s).
Also, it'll probably be easier if you pick a song you'll like, that you really WANT to play, not just any old song just cuz its not as hard, challenge yourself, and you'll get better.