I'm looking to get a blackberry phone for christmas, just wanted to know what the best ones are - my budget is £250 but ideally i'd like to spend anything up to £200.
My reason behind getting one is i want the convenience of the qwerty keyboard and i like the idea of the internet use and IM.
So yeah, any experiences with them? Which is best for me?
Also is there a better alternative to blackberry phones?
Quote by i am iron man
I'm looking to get a blackberry phone for christmas, just wanted to know what the best ones are - my budget is £250 but ideally i'd like to spend anything up to £200.
My reason behind getting one is i want the convenience of the qwerty keyboard and i like the idea of the internet use and IM.

I work for O2 and have extensive knowledge of everything Blackberry. My advice is to save a tiny bit more and buy a Blackberry Storm. If you can't afford that then I'd get the Blackberry 9000 (Bold).

I personally wouldn't have a Blackberry for free but it's all a matter of opinion..

good luck
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote by zimmzimmer
Maybe your Dads pissed because hes shooting blanks :P
I can't, for the life of me, understand why so many people need internet access on their phones.
Quote by mattiwillohouse
I work for O2 and have extensive knowledge of everything Blackberry. My advice is to save a tiny bit more and buy a Blackberry Storm. If you can't afford that then I'd get the Blackberry 9000 (Bold).

I personally wouldn't have a Blackberry for free but it's all a matter of opinion..

good luck

why?

Must admit, I don't have much experience with them other than running through the enterprise setup and basic troubleshooting for users (I work in IT), but I was thinking of getting one as I'm starting my own business and could do with getting email+attachments etc
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
the blackberry storm is terrible - it's as inaccurate as the iPhone

Curve is a great model - i use teh 8310 myself and it's intuitive and fast...love the device
Quote by soapalot
I can't, for the life of me, understand why so many people need internet access on their phones.

alot of business people do cause they require broadband access to get into their work networks or to connect to POP email servers....the internet is just a part of that...personally i don't surf the night on mine but the ability to text/email etc.. is great
Quote by .:st.anger:.
alot of business people do cause they require broadband access to get into their work networks or to connect to POP email servers....the internet is just a part of that...personally i don't surf the night on mine but the ability to text/email etc.. is great

The New Satch Album Surfing the Night.
C4C
Latest song: Fading Silhouettes

Quote by goest
You raped someone with a knife, didn't you?
Quote by soapalot

For me, it meant that I could count commuting/travel time to/from work (2hrs a day) as part of my working day and start at 10 and leave at 4
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Quote by cuthbertg
why?

Must admit, I don't have much experience with them other than running through the enterprise setup and basic troubleshooting for users (I work in IT), but I was thinking of getting one as I'm starting my own business and could do with getting email+attachments etc

Why not just get a netbook then? Like the Dell one Vodafone are doing with an inbuilt 3G card. Better than a BB all round, and about the same price.

Edit: I too work in IT and have he same knowledge as you!
i actually won a blackberry fone in a pub quiz... the 8100 model i think.

after a few hours i decided that its not for me. being a student and stuff i really dont need email and those kind of attachments. and i couldnt get use to the qwerty style keyboard.

suppose it depends what u need from a fone?

good thing is tho i managed to sell it for 120 quid on ebay. woo!
Quote by saphrax
Why not just get a netbook then? Like the Dell one Vodafone are doing with an inbuilt 3G card. Better than a BB all round, and about the same price.

Edit: I too work in IT and have he same knowledge as you!

I feel your pain!

portability duuude, I hate getting a laptop etc out on the train - other than to see who's got their wireless unsecured! (techie joke)
I've got the 8310 Curve. Got it cracked so now I can run any SIM card. This makes life easier for me, because I live in the U.S. and work overseas. I can run anybody's card. Being able to check your email on the fly is cool, if you bump your memory chip up you can store a fair amount of music and pictures on it as well.
I have a Blackberry Curve and I love it.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by i am iron man

Just remember that it costs you more to have use of the internet unless you can find a way to tie it in with your plan.

I've heard a lot of complaints about the Blackberry Storm, mostly about the touch screen not working "like it should" after a while.

My brother has an LG Diamond, I like that better than the Blackberry Storm. It has full motion sensing so you can play tilty-roll games and the phone itself is considerably less bulky though it has pretty much everything you want in a Blackberry besides the status symbol. I imagine talking on a Blackberry Storm is like holding a taco to the side of your face.
Quote by Mr Maggot
The New Satch Album Surfing the Night.

Good Deal.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools