Okay,

So I've just finished a semester of college, and I went to sell back some of the books that I'll never use again.

Now, I had one teacher that put a book on the required materials list, and changed her mind part way through the semester and decided to never use the book at all.

Personally, I think I deserve a full refund, especially because the book was still in the shrink-wrapp like it was when I purchased it. But the store said that they won't give refunds this late in the semester, and the best they could do was let me sell it back at 60% of the original value.

How much you want to bet they'll sell it as a new book next semester and rip some other kid off!

Anyone else had something like this happen
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
Why didn't you try and return it when you found out you didn't need it?
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
sell it on the internet at amazon or half, you can get more for it that way
Quote by masterk1818
I tell him to stop but he doesn't listen.

He just keeps thrusting

^Talking about his dog

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE

^if you don't get it, search for Duel of the Farts
yeah, i tried to sell an anatomy book i used for 2 semesters that i bought new. they weren't using it the next semester and ended up trying to sell it on ebay and got back more than what i paid. ebay rocks...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
To Pervy - 30% for a brand new book?

and to merfsullivan, the professor didn't ever tell us...she just never used it. I'm assuming that she decided at some point in the middle of the semester, otherwise she wouldn't have put it on the required materials list.

EDIT: Thanks for the Ebay idea, I might try it!
Quote by Sonicxlover
This is why i never buy books for college.
Quote by Monolith295
Tobysaurus is one sexy man.

Quote by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!
Whoa! I just looked on Ebay and saw a copy of the same book being sold for 6 bucks more than I paid, so I might try that next week when I have some more time.
Quote by Sonicxlover
What you all may not know is profs get some % (or the school does) from the publisher for the books sold. Meaning that often there's a change in the curricula for what seems to be know reason. There's a reason, it's the usual reason. Money.

Always think the worst, you'll be accurate about % 90 of the time.

What I used to do is wait until next semester or year and find some unsuspecting freshman to sell the book to. Takes some leg work, something like scalping tickets, but usually you get better value.
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

SWINE FLU FREE SINCE 1974
welcome to college man. this will happen every semester. the books are a huge ripoff, always. this semester, i bought 540 USD in book, got back 81 USD yesterday for all of them. one book that cost me 120 bucks they would only pay me 3 for. it sucks.
Quote by MoroneSaxatilis
What you all may not know is profs get some % (or the school does) from the publisher for the books sold. Meaning that often there's a change in the curricula for what seems to be know reason. There's a reason, it's the usual reason. Money.

This is utterly false unless the prof. happens to have been one of the authors of that book.

Now publishers do things like rearrange chapters so that they can publish new versionsof the same text book, and campus bookstores often refuse to carry anything other than the latest editions because it makes things easier on the distribution services they use.