Ok everyone,

I'm about to click order on a bunch of supplies for a few different projects but im stuck on one thing. i'm replacing the bridge pickup on my Fender HSS strat and i cant decide what to get. its between GFS Dream 180 or the Vintage split(like from tele's).

I've never really played a tele with that style HB's but the description suites MOST of my styles(maybe not good for heavier rock). MOST meaning- the ones i play the most. the dream 180 though sounds like it may be more versatile though not as good for clean and blues stuff(tell me if im wrong).

what would you reccommend?
and do you think it just wrong(Against the Law) to put a traditionally tele Pickup in a strat. I've never seen it before though, so it would be unique.

thanks
gian
no, it is not against the law, just unconventional
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
bahaha, against the law? selling coke is against the law..not putting a certain pickup in a guitar.

ive heard the tele pups are twangy, but i think that is due to the metal plate bridge thing they got going on around the bridge pup. maybe it wont sound as twangy then?

cant give you any advice on the other one...sorry
I think the TS meant is there an unspoken "axe-law" that says you can't do that. You know, similar to the unspoken but widely accepted man-laws.
Guitar:
Dean Vendetta 3 - Dave Mustaine Livewires

Amplifier
Carvin X100B - Bias Mod - Tungsol 12AX7's - JJ KT77's

I have built the most badass 212 that puts all others to shame
be certain that the routing on the strat (volume+tone pots) would be covered by the tele PG. you may want to try a '51 type PG; although, you may have to route the pots where the output jack is. BTW doesn't a Tele output plug into the side?
It's so crazy in here you're gonna wish it wasn't so crazy in here!

1995 PRS CE
Fender 50s Classic Player strat
Johnson Millenium 150
Boss GT-6
Quote by -MintSauce-
I thought that playing the guitar was all about pushing boundaries and breaking these unwritten rules?

It is, i was just voicing what I thought was the mindset of the TS, I'm not saying that there are actually 'axe-laws' or that they should even be obeyed, as it pertains to customization, for that matter.
Guitar:
Dean Vendetta 3 - Dave Mustaine Livewires

Amplifier
Carvin X100B - Bias Mod - Tungsol 12AX7's - JJ KT77's

I have built the most badass 212 that puts all others to shame