Hey All,

I got an Ibanez SAS32EX a month ago and am loving it! I would now like to put some locking tuners on it - without drilling.

I'm not much of a modder and don't like drilling and such. The tuners have 1 hole in them that you insert a screw. Would the Schaller Mini Tuners or Sperzel locking fit this?

I have the standard schaller locking tuners with 2 pegs that fit into the headstock on my Fender H1 and love them - but they won't fit on this.

Let me know
Sperzels won't fit - they have a pin which is not offset. Chance is Schaller minis might fit, check the specs diagram (it's for non-locking minis, but I'm fairly certain they're the same size).

Worst case you can still drill. It's a minimal modification that's really hard to get wrong. You need six tiny shallow holes and you're good to go.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
thanks for the reply.

The other thing that occurred to me is that the schaller mini's are equal sized post on all six. Will this be a problem with the ibanez not having string trees?
I reckon it'll be fine. The stock SAS tuners aren't staggered either, are they?
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!