Alright,

so i was just looking to buy an new guitar, and right now I have a les paul studio (pure Gibson). What do you think would be the best shred/metal guitar for around $2000. My main influences are Randy Rhoads, Satch, Vai, Paul Gilbert and Yngwie. I'd like the guitar to be "super-strat" style with a good trem and fast neck.

Swweeeeeeeettt..... thanks
Jackson SL-2H (Duncan Humbuckers) or SL1 (H/S/S) or a DK1 (EMG Humbuckers, Bolt-On Neck) All are made in the U.S.A., have REALLY fast necks, Floyd Rose Original and are around $2000
edit: just say your user name, and (lols) i think the SL2H is what you MAY be looking for
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Last edited by cukd7x-a2- at Dec 18, 2008,
I'm not sure if it's in your price range over in the US as I'm not sure if the current state of the economy will affect things at all, but literally the best guitar I've played for lead (in more styles than just shred) is the guitar I ended up buying in April - LAG AP2000. They've changed the name of the latest models I believe to the A3000 or something, but it's basically the same guitar.

Will find a link in a sec, but it's hand-crafted in France by a former custom-only luthier and I got mine for £1,899 though the RRP was £2,299 I think... though they're cheaper now and you might be able to get one if you can stretch your budget to $2,750 ish?

Edit: First decent link I could find - Clicky
for $2000 dollars, probably a high end ibanez or anything with a thin neck really.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Quote by ortrigger
This one.

To be dead serious, I think the Ibanez's are like kid guitars, but hey, its just me...

Also, you may like This
iIt may not have the trem you want, but it matches your influences
edit and how awesome is This?
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
I'd say Jackson Soloist.
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by cukd7x-a2-
Jackson SL-2H (Duncan Humbuckers) or SL1 (H/S/S) or a DK1 (EMG Humbuckers, Bolt-On Neck) All are made in the U.S.A., have REALLY fast necks, Floyd Rose Original and are around $2000
edit: just say your user name, and (lols) i think the SL2H is what you MAY be looking for

^^this^^
Sweet guys, I was already aiming towards the Jackson Soloist (preferably the SL2H). Thanks for the suggestions and reassurance!

Cheers
Quote by hugh20
for $2000 dollars, probably a high end ibanez or anything with a thin neck really.

Agreed.
Quote by ortrigger
This one.

Or this

Or you could assemble an RG5xx with some spare bodies necks and hardware on ebay.

However, a Carvin DC400, or DC145 would stomp everything mentioned in this thread.

maybe an Ernie Ball MM JP
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Last edited by MESAexplorer at Dec 18, 2008,
What kind of amp do you have?
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
I'd have to agree with a high end Ibanez RG; it's a good guitar for shredding. For the overall feel I still prefer the Ibanez S series though.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
if you have that kind of money, get a high end prestige rg. cant go wrong

or the top range JEM. fancy inlays ^^
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Some of the higher end ESP do the trick if u ask me KH-2 NTB or M-II NTB as far as I'm concerned there isn't a better feeling neck then that of a neck thru esp personally id go with the KH-2 NTB it has more tonal control
I'd look at Jackson Soloist, also Ibanez RG Prestiges and maybe some MusicMan and Carvin guitars.

See sig.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
i believe that steve vai's axe is very close to the Ibanez RG, infact a lot of people convert them over with the hand hole

and with $2,000, you could easily get an RG Prestige

or any high-end jackson
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
music man jp is my suggestion but also jacksons are great if you want a floating bridge
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
i believe that steve vai's axe is very close to the Ibanez RG, infact a lot of people convert them over with the hand hole

and with $2,000, you could easily get an RG Prestige

or any high-end jackson

It's a modified and fancified RG550.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
always wanted an rg series...
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
RG's are overrated. Not that great of a sound and feel IMO. Jackson is the way to go, just like every other Jackson post in here. Also for a few extra bucks you could grab a Custom Shop Charvel or Jackson off of Evilbay.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras