Obviously the Diploma is the superior of the 2 but to a lot of people the GED seems the better option. I think in a lot of cases the GED can be just as good as the High School Diploma, and im considering taking the test for it due to my lack of credits for my HS diploma that will require me to go into my 5th year.

I think at a certain point, it's time to break beyond HS and start life, and by taking my GED I think I can get out quicker to focus on going to college.

So what do you all think? Anyone know any GED recipients that made out well for themselves?
It all depends on what you want to do.

If you just want to go to a Community College and get a degree in something simple then a GED will suffice, but if you want to go to University or something you'll need a Diploma.

Then again, even if you're going to Community College, a Diploma looks a helluvah lot better than a GED.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
In the long run it doesn't make much of a difference I guess.
If you're behind, I'd say just shoot for the GED. As far as employers are concerned, I don't think they give a crap as long as you're a decent worker.
And a lot of people with High School diplomas start off with community college anyway, so there's not much of an advantage to having it unless you've gotten stellar grades and applying to major colleges.

Don't waste another year.
It doesn't say anything about how successful you'll be in the future honestly.

Quote by dudetheman
It all depends on what you want to do.

If you just want to go to a Community College and get a degree in something simple then a GED will suffice, but if you want to go to University or something you'll need a Diploma.

Then again, even if you're going to Community College, a Diploma looks a helluvah lot better than a GED.

Community colleges don't really care actually. They've got a come as you are attitude.
And once you're done there and want to move on to a University, those colleges will be looking at your college transcripts closer than your high school transcripts.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
I saw a bunch of people waiting to take a GED test at my local community college once. I swear every one of them was fat, greasy, and had an ICP shirt on.
I no longer hire people with GED's. They imply that an individual has problems with authority and don't get along well with others.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Solteris
Obviously the Diploma is the superior of the 2 but to a lot of people the GED seems the better option. I think in a lot of cases the GED can be just as good as the High School Diploma, and im considering taking the test for it due to my lack of credits for my HS diploma that will require me to go into my 5th year.

I think at a certain point, it's time to break beyond HS and start life, and by taking my GED I think I can get out quicker to focus on going to college.

So what do you all think? Anyone know any GED recipients that made out well for themselves?

Honestly I haven't but to some colleges (depends where you go) may not like the whole GED thing at such a young age, but I don't know.
But really its your life, live it the way you want
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Quote by Jackal58
I no longer hire people with GED's. They imply that an individual has problems with authority and don't get along well with others.

or maybe it could mean they had to drop out of high school to help their sick mother pay the rent.
If you want post-secondary schooling, you're going to have to go back for the advanced credits anyways.

There is a big difference between the two, and the diploma will win every time. A GED makes you look lazy, or worse, stupid.
Quote by Solteris

Tré Cool from Green Day did.

Look at him now Bam Margera also got his GED because he dropped out.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

i actually was in your position and i went to my community college and took the GED. It was fairly easy, and i am currently going to school at the same community college. and after i finish my AA im going to switch to flagler university, UNF, or JU. so either way it really depends on what career you want.

ill never falter.ill stand my ground.

yes, i am a girl.
Quote by shredtilurded
or maybe it could mean they had to drop out of high school to help their sick mother pay the rent.

Haven't met anybody that gave me that answer yet.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
Haven't met anybody that gave me that answer yet.

There's alot of people in the U.S. I'm not trying to be a smartass.Your post comes off as very judgemental
Quote by shredtilurded
There's alot of people in the U.S. I'm not trying to be a smartass.Your post comes off as very judgemental

You are right. It is very judgmental. When I hire somebody it is a judgment call. I use all of the information I can get on a potential candidate and make a decision. A GED is a strike against them. It is the use of prior experience. I admit it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
You are right. It is very judgmental. When I hire somebody it is a judgment call. I use all of the information I can get on a potential candidate and make a decision. A GED is a strike against them. It is the use of prior experience. I admit it.

Sad to hear it.