So im going to change the paint job, pickups, pick guard and all that stuff on my starter stratocaster. I play mainly metal so are there any good pickups i should buy to make it sound heavier? Also what kind of paint are you supposed to use to give it that glossy finish? So is it a good idea to do all this and will it make my strat sound better? So please leave some suggestions
My Gear:
Ibanez RG-350 YE w/ Super Dist. and PAF pro pups
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
For pickups, maybe try http://store.guitarfetish.com/casetof3lilk1.html

For paint, maybe find some glossy black and then of course a gloss clearcoat?
Oh, and then if you play metal (and if you like teh br00talz), try an aluminum scratchplate, they can look pretty neat to give Strats more of a bada** look
Quote by tjfishrocker
Coolcat i want to make love to you right now.

Quote by Natrone

Anyone else see the irony in smashing a guitar that says "peace and love" ?
Last edited by Coolcat13 at Dec 18, 2008,
Have you tried those pickups before cuz im a little curious about the price and why its so low for 3 of them. hope there better than whats on my strat now cuz they aren't heavy at all.
My Gear:
Ibanez RG-350 YE w/ Super Dist. and PAF pro pups
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
They should be quite a bit heavier, they're like humbuckers packed into a single coil package, but a little less meaty... The output is nearly that of a humbucker. And I haven't personally used that kind, but I've played that type of pickup before, the double wound singles... And as for the price thing, these guys are supposed to have amazing pickups for the price, I'm sure you could find many-a-thread on GFS pickups
Quote by tjfishrocker
Coolcat i want to make love to you right now.

Quote by Natrone

Anyone else see the irony in smashing a guitar that says "peace and love" ?
GFS is very cheap but very good quality (for their pickups)
they have a very good reputation...

I would suggest Actives or Dimarzios though. Check out the dimarzio site, they have a pickup picker.
set it up as an H-S-S with and aluminum pickguard as stated before, then upgrade the tuners and the tremolo. gloss black would look badass. just paint it black and punt a couple coats of clear over it for a glossy finish. cheers
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
just make one. i made the backplate and jack plate for my les paul out of a road sign. just need a file and a hack saw with the right blade. sure its time consuming but when its finished and all polished up. it will look amazing.
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212