Ok so, here it is....

I have an Ibanez S2170 with stock Dimarzio p/us, which I love.

Pretty soon I should be getting some more money so I'm looking to buy a second guitar. I have an ENGL screamer 50 amp which I'm really happy with so that's not the problem.My budget is £600 / $950 ish.
I would like to have one guitar for heavy shiz, to keep in a dropped tuning and another for cleaner / less gain stuff.
Here are my options:
- Upgrade pickups in ibanez, buy clean guitar.
- Keep the stock dimarzios and buy a more 'metal' guitar.

Any opinions?
I'd personally buy a more metal guitar, Ibanez guitars are quite versatile. However, some people may think otherwise and say Ibanez have **** cleans... Really, you be the judge of that! The stock IBZ/Dimarzio pickups are pretty good I think, I'd only swap them out if you were really unsatisfied with them or you are searching for a particular tone.

As for guitar recommendations, check out...

- Schecter Loomis NON TREM

- Ibanez RGA121

- Godin Summit CT

- Fender Highway 1

- LTD MH-400

- Jackson DKMG

- Yamaha 812V

Just some ideas.
Quote by Mwoit
I'd personally buy a more metal guitar, Ibanez guitars are quite versatile. However, some people may think otherwise and say Ibanez have **** cleans... Really, you be the judge of that! The stock IBZ/Dimarzio pickups are pretty good I think, I'd only swap them out if you were really unsatisfied with them or you are searching for a particular tone.

I'd personally say that I think my Ibanez can handle cleans and some gain very well so I'm not too bothered either way. Obviously it just doesn't do the super high gain stuff. So, yeh, I am leaning towards buying a more 'metal' guitar option. Thanks for the recommendations.
Id agree with the Ibanez sentiment try an RG out who knows youll probably like it
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor