(Don't know if it belongs here, if not please move )

So yeah, as the title says, I was in there for a little over 2 hours. It wasn't a big shop, I just watched every single guitar for a long loong time Just watching, no playing cause I wouldn't know what to play lol (and no, I didn't want to torture the shopkeeper with smoke on the water)

Anyway, he started talking and basically said every 2 minutes he was the best music store around and that all the others were basically scammers. I lol'd, but continued listening. He told me he longer sold Gibsons because of a new contract that allows them to return any malfunctioning guitar if they say it works fine. (Doesn't every company do this lol?) I didn't know if it had to do with warranty or not but whatever. He also told me that the quality of American Strats went downhill the past 5-6 years and could be compared with Mexican strats.

When I told him I bought my first guitar from the internet (Thomann) he started them calling scammers too, because of the bad CS or whatever. (I have never ever seen such good CS, btw)

After all that I looked around a bit more and someone else came into the store, he asked the guy to replace his strings. He said it'd cost €30!! No idea if the strings were included in that but I hope so! I just restrung my guitar for the first time last week, it wasn't perfect all, but certainly not something I would pay 30 euros for.

Before I left I told him the action on my guitar isn't really perfect, he told me it would cost me €40-€50 for him to fix it...

So erm, your opinion on this shop/salesman/statements w/e?
well his statement on the fenders were correct

Thats all i can say here
Quote by Mike!
This man IS the truth.

Quote by aznmetalhead93
Walk out naked with a sock around your dick. He'll be so surprised he won't shoot you. Then rape him. Hard. With melted butter as lube.

Join the Xbox Live group
He's confusing every store he mentioned with himself.
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
He's right about the Strats, but everything else is a rip-off, I'm afraid.

How much is it Ernie Ball strings cost again? I haven't bought any in such a long time - but they're simple (as with all other strings) to put on yourself. This guy just sees suckers coming a mile off.
Quote by frusciante_man1
cakemonster..you are truly my hero
HONK
Quote by DeSean
HONK!I like your cake.
Quote by olif8
And Cakeface, why didn't you sig my

HONK!

from that other thread?

Quote by LordBishek

I can't stand it any longer.

HONK

Honk if you love cake! HONK!!
never listen to anyone - make your own opinion.

if someone does try to feed you a load of sh*te, return the favour by placing turds in the control cavities of their guitars.

It's take them months to work out where the smell is coming from
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Bought some D'addarios(sp?) for €10, so if the price of strings were to be included it would still be €20 for a simple job.
When I was in Chicago I was at the Guitar Center checking some stuff out. Some people were bringing in their guitar for some standard maintenance. I overheard some of the prices and to have them restrung was around $30 Plus Strings. Also Someone wanted the action lowered and the dude said it would be around $80 and would take him four hours to do.

About the strats... I owned a Mexican Strat last year and thought it was garbage. I traded it in for an American Strat. The Mexican Strat had many problems... The pickups didn't sit directly under the strings. They were off by quite a bit and the tuning machines were uneven. There were several flaws in the paint as well. I didn't notice this until I started to actually play.

My American Strat is built really well. I have zero complaints about any part of the guitar. I just wish it came installed with different pickups but thats just my personal opinion.
Quote by cakemonster91
He's right about the Strats, but everything else is a rip-off, I'm afraid.

How much is it Ernie Ball strings cost again? I haven't bought any in such a long time - but they're simple (as with all other strings) to put on yourself. This guy just sees suckers coming a mile off.

KNOH!!!! I HATE CAKE!!!
My local store charges $10 for floating trem string change $15 for innotating the guitar and like $55 for a full floating trem setup.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
It just sounds like the owner was really cocky. He was obviously ripping people off, nothing new at most small stores. Since it was a small store, his prices probably weren't set in stone and I'm sure you could haggle him down if you knew what you were talking about. Although that seems way to high for a simple string change that will take 5-10 minutes...

80th best UGer
Quote by Lethal Dosage
My local store charges $10 for floating trem string change $15 for innotating the guitar and like $55 for a full floating trem ripoff.

Fixed.
Quote by mustangrobert13
It just sounds like the owner was really cocky. He was obviously ripping people off, nothing new at most small stores. Since it was a small store, his prices probably weren't set in stone and I'm sure you could haggle him down if you knew what you were talking about. Although that seems way to high for a simple string change that will take 5-10 minutes...

I didn't plan on him changing my strings lol, I did it myself after watching a simple YouTube video. It wasn't perfect, but I'm sure I won't encounter (m)any problems next time. I was actually looking for someone to fix the action & intonation on my guitar though, cause they're way off, but those prices really are too expensive in my eyes :x
It cost me $40, parts and labor, to restring my girlfriend's classical and Les Paul.

I quite like my local music store.
Quote by goest
It cost me $40, parts and labor, to restring my girlfriend's classical and Les Paul.

I quite like my local music store.

You sure sound like a great boyfriend!

80th best UGer
Quote by mustangrobert13
You sure sound like a great boyfriend!

Sarcasm?

If so:

If not: Damn right,
Quote by goest
Sarcasm?

If so:

If not: Damn right,

All of the above.

That's right, I went there.

80th best UGer
Quote by mustangrobert13
All of the above.

That's right, I went there.

Ah, HELL NAW!!!
Quote by goest
KNOH!!!! I HATE CAKE!!!

But...but the cake...
Quote by frusciante_man1
HONK
Quote by DeSean
HONK!I like your cake.
Quote by olif8

HONK!

from that other thread?

Quote by LordBishek

HONK

Quote by cakemonster91

But...but the cake...

It's a lie and you know it.
But I saw the cake...it had candles and everything.
Quote by frusciante_man1
HONK
Quote by DeSean
HONK!I like your cake.
Quote by olif8

HONK!

from that other thread?

Quote by LordBishek

HONK

Quote by cakemonster91
But I saw the cake...it had candles and everything.

Merely a hallucination brought on by your insatiable cake-lust.
Quote by goest
KNOH!!!! I HATE CAKE!!!

But...no...I was going to say that...but I...scrolled...down...and...saw...you...already...

Seriously, I was.
deviantART ||| flickr
┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘
last.fm zune
coryklok is my e-hubby! ^_^
rip Billy Mays <3
Who wants a strat anyway.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by Kata Dante
But...no...I was going to say that...but I...scrolled...down...and...saw...you...already...

Seriously, I was.

Really now? Looks like we're made for each other.
Well, the shopkeeper mentioned Ibanez briefly, don't really remember what he said about it, but nothing ground breaking
Quote by Spaminator92
I didn't plan on him changing my strings lol, I did it myself after watching a simple YouTube video. It wasn't perfect, but I'm sure I won't encounter (m)any problems next time. I was actually looking for someone to fix the action & intonation on my guitar though, cause they're way off, but those prices really are too expensive in my eyes :x

Learn to do it yourself. It really is dead easy.