Right, i'm sick and tired of my floyd rose. It is the worst thing I could ever have bought for my guitar, I despise it.

I HATE IT

I live in the UK, and really want a FIXED floyd rose, where on earth can i get one from?!?!!!?!?!? Please help

Any other alternatives to this would be welcome!
A fixed Floyd? As in what? fully blocked so its like a hard tail or dive only? Check out Tremel-No, I'm sure its available in the UK.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
you could probably block the trem. I can't think of anywhere to buy the fixed floyd rose in the UK. hell, it's hard enough to find one in Canada
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by DSOTM80
A fixed Floyd? As in what? fully blocked so its like a hard tail or dive only? Check out Tremel-No, I'm sure its available in the UK.

Ahhh...veryy good for what i'm looking for !
Quote by bv310
you could probably block the trem. I can't think of anywhere to buy the fixed floyd rose in the UK. hell, it's hard enough to find one in Canada

There is no 'fixed' Floyd. All Floyd Rose either licensed or not are the same. Its the way they are installed thats the difference. Either recessed (routed out so the Floyd sits more inside the body, is floating and of course can do pull ups) or flush mounted (the old school way, it sits on the body like a vintage Strat trem, dive bomb only but because of the contact with the body gives better sustain and tone).
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by DSOTM80
There is no 'fixed' Floyd. All Floyd Rose either licensed or not are the same. Its the way they are installed thats the difference. Either recessed (routed out so the Floyd sits more inside the body, is floating and of course can do pull ups) or flush mounted (the old school way, it sits on the body like a vintage Strat trem, dive bomb only but because of the contact with the body gives better sustain and tone).

Some Ibanez have a 'fixed' edge trem...not sure if this is what the TS is talking about or not. Check out the MTM2 for what I mean.

EDIT: my advice, block it or buy a tremol-no...both have already been mentioned.
Quote by MrToucan
Right, i'm sick and tired of my floyd rose. It is the worst thing I could ever have bought for my guitar, I despise it.

I HATE IT

I live in the UK, and really want a FIXED floyd rose, where on earth can i get one from?!?!!!?!?!? Please help

Any other alternatives to this would be welcome!

If you are happy to do a bit of wood work, let me know...
just screw a piece of metal beneath it to block it
otherwise idk
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Whats with people saying it doesn't exist?

http://www.floydrose.com/fixedbridge.html

But I have no idea where to get one in the UK.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by DSOTM80
There is no 'fixed' Floyd. All Floyd Rose either licensed or not are the same.

Wrong.
http://www.floydrose.com/fixedbridge.html
Completely fixed bridge by Floyd Rose.
EDIT: Chuck, why did I have a feeling you got to this before me? I should have read the rest of the thread XD
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
I have a brilliant idea

Take everything off the body and then route out the FR route into like a big square. Get some hardwood and cut to the exact size so that you can glue it very tightly in the spring cavity and trem cavity. Now, all you should have on your body for the bridge is the mounting studs.

Get your FR, take all the saddles off and unscrew/ take off the trem block. Then put the FR on your body so that its on the studs like it would usually be, then mark out the holes that were used for the screws to keep the trem block on. Then drill those holes and screw in the FR. Do you understand? Like instead of screwing the FR to the trem block you screw it to the body making it a hardtail. Now you have an awesome looking hardtail and more sustain!

Im pretty sure Skeet UK would have said something similar
^I believe that's how Mark Knopfler's Pensa-Suhr is rigged... (Except they didn't fill the hole, because they just didn't excavate it in the first place)

About that fixed Floyd up there- that's a Speedloader, which is definitely not for everybody. Meaning, they're pretty much for nobody.
Quote by guitarcam123
I have a brilliant idea

Take everything off the body and then route out the FR route into like a big square. Get some hardwood and cut to the exact size so that you can glue it very tightly in the spring cavity and trem cavity. Now, all you should have on your body for the bridge is the mounting studs.

Get your FR, take all the saddles off and unscrew/ take off the trem block. Then put the FR on your body so that its on the studs like it would usually be, then mark out the holes that were used for the screws to keep the trem block on. Then drill those holes and screw in the FR. Do you understand? Like instead of screwing the FR to the trem block you screw it to the body making it a hardtail. Now you have an awesome looking hardtail and more sustain!

Im pretty sure Skeet UK would have said something similar

No, I would have said something else. But if keeping his FR is what he wants, then yes, your bang on the money