Just wondering, are there any people here who live like very close to oberhead power lines. I don't, and i want to know if it is actually the most annoying thing ever; to have 150kV buzzing over your house and be worried about the EMFs from the corona effect. Does any of this annoy you/worry you.

And another random quick one, does anyone here live nearby any HVDC (high voltage direct current) overhead lines? if you do please tell me where this is, i might need to look it up and try and get some pics of hvdc lines.

athankyo.
DC overhead lines? for what?
Current Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson Explorer Standard
Tradition Strat
Crafter Acoustic

Peavey Classic 30
Line 6 DL4
Dano Fish 'n Chips
MXR Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss MD-2 Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby
Hang your old shoes on the power lines that will show them whos dah man around the hood..
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by metalblaster
for long distance transmission

Who uses hvdc? Very inefficient.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
why do you need pictures? are you planning on sabotaging the power lines?

i have some near my house, but i have no idea what kind they are. i actually have pictures of them as well. i was taking a walk one day, and taking pictures while i went.
I live abut 8 houses down from a widespread overhead hydro field in Niagara Falls, Ontario.

There's always been talk amongst people in my neighbourhood about the potential harm it may be having on us, but honestly some of the people have lived here their entire lives and have seen no adverse effects.
Electrolytes Smell Like Semen...
Quote by Nexium
Hang your old shoes on the power lines that will show them whos dah man around the hood..

ya, if you want a bunch of junkies randomly showing up at your door....
My Gear:
Fender Stratocaster Deluxe HSS
Hagstrom HIIN
Crate Palomino V32H w/ matching cab.
Roland Cube 60
Roland Micro Cube
BOSS ME-20
Digitech Bad Monkey
Art and Lutherie acoustic
Quote by daytripper75
why do you need pictures? are you planning on sabotaging the power lines?

i have some near my house, but i have no idea what kind they are. i actually have pictures of them as well. i was taking a walk one day, and taking pictures while i went.

hmmmmmm????? interesting, could thy noble person be ablt to send these pictures to thee?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I live a few blocks from a power plant.

That must count for something.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by Jackal58
Who uses hvdc? Very inefficient.
they use to transport tension over long distances without worrying about the skin effect of AC and the losses caused by the corona effect. it's transformed into HVDC then travelled over a very long distance and then transformed back into HVAC when it arrives at the main distribution station. very rarely used, only used for extremely long distances.
Quote by daytripper75
tell me why you want them, and i might consider it.

It's strictly for my own interest, i'm not planning on sabotageing a power line lol, i just want actual pictures, im having trouble finding information on it that's all.
Quote by nebiru
I live a few blocks from a power plant.

That must count for something.

Yeah Dont expect any kids in the future!

If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.