Here is what happened, okay, since my guitar won't work right now, my dad's friend le me use his Strat. I was playing, and then I started setting up my gear. I put the guitar down to plug in my amp, and my tube amp falls over, hits the front of the guitar, and breaks off a pot, bends another one, and bends and scratches the pick up swichter. How should I tell him, and how much will it cost to fix, I have $120. Thanks!!!!
Last edited by bulletrocks522 at Dec 18, 2008,
different shops have different prices so go to your nearest and find out.
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
Ok, damage report:

a. We really need pics to give you an accurate amount.
b. You'd be worrying more about scratches to the finish than the pots or switch. They cost mor to fix.
c. Pots are cheap, Pickup selectors are relatively cheap. Much less than $120. Did the entire pot snap off, or just the plastic dial covering it? Plastic dials are even cheaper.

So long as it didn't kill or dent the finish of the guitar you're looking at less than $120. The parts probably add up to about $20ish max, + labour if you can't replace the things yourself.

Also, apologise a lot. A lot. Even more if it's his baby of a guitar and an actual Fender strat, not a knock off.
Quote by rhysm
different shops have different prices so go to your nearest and find out.

I cant, I have to give it back today, and I havent told him yet, and I dont have his number.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
Ok, damage report:

a. We really need pics to give you an accurate amount.
b. You'd be worrying more about scratches to the finish than the pots or switch. They cost mor to fix.
c. Pots are cheap, Pickup selectors are relatively cheap. Much less than $120. Did the entire pot snap off, or just the plastic dial covering it? Plastic dials are even cheaper.

So long as it didn't kill or dent the finish of the guitar you're looking at less than $120. The parts probably add up to about $20ish max, + labour if you can't replace the things yourself.

Also, apologise a lot. A lot. Even more if it's his baby of a guitar and an actual Fender strat, not a knock off.

Theres no scrathces to the finish. The metal part on one broke off, the other one is fine, and the other one is bent. Thpickup selector is bennt, but I bent it back. Ther is till a scratch on it, How much would labor be????
It really varies from place to place, and I can't even make an approximation because I don't live in the US.

But it's not that big a job, really. You need two pots and a new pickup selector cap.

I'm surprised there wasn't more damage if a valve 212 combo fell on it. You were lucky.
if its just damage to the hardware then its not gonna be expensive at all, won't take them long to fix it either. Probubly around $50-$60
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
It really varies from place to place, and I can't even make an approximation because I don't live in the US.

But it's not that big a job, really. You need two pots and a new pickup selector cap.

I'm surprised there wasn't more damage if a valve 212 combo fell on it. You were lucky.

How do I tell him??? Hes a really nice dude, and i feel really bad. Do I call him up an be like "Hi, uh, something happened to your guitar"
HIM: "WHAT THE **** DID YOU DO'????
Just say, you've had an accident while using his guitar. Tell him what happened, make sure to say that there is no lasting damage and that you'll get it repaired out of your own pocket. Because there's no lasting damage, he should be reasonably cool about it.

As I asked earlier, is it a Fender Strat?
Quote by bartdevil_metal
Just say, you've had an accident while using his guitar. Tell him what happened, make sure to say that there is no lasting damage and that you'll get it repaired out of your own pocket. Because there's no lasting damage, he should be reasonably cool about it.

As I asked earlier, is it a Fender Strat?

Yeah, its a Fender Strat. I feel so guilty!!!!! Because im so guilty, im just going to give him all my money that I was gonna use to fix my guitar.