Poll: The best of these amps?
Poll Options
View poll results: The best of these amps?
Peavey Vyper 15
3 27%
MicroCube
1 9%
Line 6 Spider 15
0 0%
Vox AD15Vt
2 18%
Vox DA5
0 0%
Epiphone Valve Junior with pedals
5 45%
Voters: 11.
I am getting a peavey vyper 15 for $100. I am getting this because it is the cheapest of the vyper series. Is this a good amp for that price?
Last edited by 3dayzgrace at Dec 18, 2008,
It's pretty good for the price. I liked it when I tried it. Try the MicroCube too though if you can.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
For the price, it's a good amp. You should definately try out other smaller combos to see what sounds better to you.

Look at the Line 6 Spider 15, the Vox AD15Vt or the Vox DA5. You might be able to score a used Epiphone Valve Junior for that price but you would need pedals to get distortion if you can't turn it up loud.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
If your only starting out and not looking to gig anywhere i would say get it.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
As one said it, a valve junior would be hell of a better value for the 'investment' case, unless you're a casual player and just want something to dwaddle with.

Once you'll have had a taste of saturated power amp tubes, you won't want to know nothing about distortion pedals or modeling, just more overdrive, way more.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
I have one and I use it for headphone practice late at night. Not all the models are good and tweaking is a pain in the ass. but you can find some good tone out of a few of them.