I noticed how they no longer manufacture these things, and I saw one at Long & McQuade (is that just a canadian company?) Anyways, I picked it up and I rather liked it, and it was just as good as the Standard's and Traditional's so I am thinking of picking it up while trading in a strat. Is there anything I should know, other than Gibson's subpar quality control these days?

P.S. I found a 1950 something Gibson L-4C while cleaning out my grandmas stuff. Win?
Your grandma is rock n roll!
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Great guitars, go for it. The white is overdone though.

Yes it's win.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Great guitars, go for it. The white is overdone though.

Yes it's win.

I personally love the white. The more the white, the more I get a guitarboner. I'm not guitaracist either.

Yea, the trapeze bridge is super rusty and it needs new tuners, other than that, it doesn't even have a scratch on the finish.
Quote by Dirty_Civilian
I personally love the white. The more the white, the more I get a guitarboner. I'm not guitaracist either.

Yea, the trapeze bridge is super rusty and it needs new tuners, other than that, it doesn't even have a scratch on the finish.

I love the white too, I have a white Les Paul. I'm just tired of seeing them is all.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I love the white too, I have a white Les Paul. I'm just tired of seeing them is all.

I'd be tired to, but for a different reason. You see, every time I see one I jizz in my pants. I end up being tired because of it.
Yeah, get it if it's good, and if you like it.
We'll show those mother****in' les paul traditionals.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

SuperLol'd
That 50s Gibson L-4C is probally worth it's weight in gold!! Go to the guitar dater and run the serial # to get the exact year. Then do a serach and see what they are going for.

As far as the LP goes try it out and if it's good, it's good buy it if you like it.

John
Quote by johnro6659
That 50s Gibson L-4C is probally worth it's weight in gold!! Go to the guitar dater and run the serial # to get the exact year. Then do a serach and see what they are going for.

As far as the LP goes try it out and if it's good, it's good buy it if you like it.

John

I can't read the serial number through the F-Holes, which is where I am assuming they would be since they aren't on the headstock or body etc. I will keep you guys updated. As for the price I googled them and I saw them going for only around $4000 dollars.
i personally think it's too white...like you look down at it and it hurts your eyes...i have the wine red w/ gold hardware and i didn't like it at first but it grew on me. i liked the cherryburst lp studio but idk if they make it in that color anymore
I've always found Studios to be a gamble, but since you've already played it and determined it's a good guitar I would go for it. That's the best color for an LP IMO.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
the 1950 guitar? do NOT play it. really. usually i'm against that sort of thing but it doesnt have a scratch? dont change the tuners or the bridge, leave it like this, put it in a class case and keep it until you're 50 and you'll be able to pay for your kids going to college with it.

your grandma would probably like that idea as well
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
The only thing you should know about that white Studio is you can't leave it on a regular stand, and you have to be careful what material straps you use with it. The white nitro finishes Gibson use on those guitars have a habit of absorbing certain chemicals from specific types of rubber, plastic and a type of coating used on leather products. Just ten minutes in contact with one of those materials can cause a permanent black mark on the guitar that is literally impossible to get out without stripping the paint off and having it re-finished.

So you've got to be careful how you handle it and how you store it. Also of course, white finishes discolour to a pale yellow/cream colour after a few years of use, so bear that in mind too.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
For one HOLY ****, that gibson looks amazing. My grandma lives with us and well.. the most she gives me is some money to go to the movies/dinner. Haha.

Oh and for the white LP's? Well I own one, as long as you played it and liked it then go for it. I played a black one and it didn't feel solid at all. Plus it played like ****, then I played mine and it felt very solid and GREAT action, so basically I snapped it right up.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Quote by MrFlibble
The only thing you should know about that white Studio is you can't leave it on a regular stand, and you have to be careful what material straps you use with it. The white nitro finishes Gibson use on those guitars have a habit of absorbing certain chemicals from specific types of rubber, plastic and a type of coating used on leather products. Just ten minutes in contact with one of those materials can cause a permanent black mark on the guitar that is literally impossible to get out without stripping the paint off and having it re-finished.

So you've got to be careful how you handle it and how you store it. Also of course, white finishes discolour to a pale yellow/cream colour after a few years of use, so bear that in mind too.

You are amazing.

So is their any kind of stand out there that would work?
Quote by MrFlibble

The stands left yellow marks on mine. Not the good kind of yellow either, it's almost green.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Dirty_Civilian
You are amazing.
Well, I already knew that, but thanks anyway

So is their any kind of stand out there that would work?
EWhat everyone I know and all the stores with white Gibsons here do is they use a regular guitar stand but stick inkless micofibre cloth around everything. For straps they just make sure not to use leather or plastic.

Of course the easiest thing is to make sure you get it supplied with a proper Gibson hardcase, and keep it in that. Then when you're actually playing it, you just need to make sure that it doesn't come into contact with any plastic/leather/rubber/foam for any more than a minute or two.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
GET IT!!! mines amazing.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Fireburst always looks really cheap to me. You see that sort of thing on poor tri-burst Strat copies.
^ looks awful man. the body looks as if it were some cheap les paul copy
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
^^At least the burst follows the edge all the way around instead of just the ass-end, with the other end completely black.

About damage to the finish- Is it nitro? Because then you'll have to avoid anything with vinyl as well. K&M stands should be safe. I'd never heard about leather doing any damage to the finish, though...

Also, where did you read that they don't make them anymore?
Quote by Pikka Bird
^^At least the burst follows the edge all the way around instead of just the ass-end, with the other end completely black.

About damage to the finish- Is it nitro? Because then you'll have to avoid anything with vinyl as well. K&M stands should be safe. I'd never heard about leather doing any damage to the finish, though...

Also, where did you read that they don't make them anymore?

They still make them, but according to their site, they are only making them in Black and Red, and they are now more expensive.
^That's the weirdest thing, because earlier I just googled it because I couldn't be arsed to navigate through Gibson's messy website, and I got this... I didn't even know they had launched a new website.

Well, whaddayaknow...
I love the fireburst, but i hate gold hardware. heres mine with chrome

What finish do they use on the Studios, nitrocellulose? I remember reading somewhere that all Gibsons have nitro finish but I'd just like to be sure. I'm thinking about making an offer on a early 90s Studio in Alpine White, but it's just so white that I'd wish it would yellow just a bit...