I was looking to see if getting new picks would be better than getting a new guitar, depending on the price. I have a peavy raptor and an Epi Les Paul, I want to get single coil guitar/pickups.
My Gear
Peavy Raptor 1
75w Line 6 Spider lll Amp
Epiphone Les Paul (SH-4 JB Bridge, SH-2 Neck)
Squier Jazz Bass
Crate 30w Amp
Jasmine Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
New pickups are more for fine-tuning your tone; it won't change too much on that Peavey. The Epi, sure, it'll do something for.
dude, the new pickups would be worth more than the guitar itself. sell the raptor, put the money in a jar and wait until you can buy something super duper sweet. swapping out the pickups in the les paul might be worth depending on what kinda Epi LP it is.

if you like it that's all that matters. what kind of music do you play? if you want a killer blues tone, i would suggest a single coil lindy frelin pickup...pretty much any of them!
2005 PRS McCarty (20th Anniversary Edition)
Custom 67' Tele w/Bigsby
Gibson Les Paul Double Cut Standard
Larivee Acoustic
Fractal Audio Axe Fx II
Apogee Ensemble
Yamaha HS80s
Quote by dudebud
dude, the new pickups would be worth more than the guitar itself. sell the raptor, put the money in a jar and wait until you can buy something super duper sweet. swapping out the pickups in the les paul might be worth depending on what kinda Epi LP it is.

if you like it that's all that matters. what kind of music do you play? if you want a killer blues tone, i would suggest a single coil lindy frelin pickup...pretty much any of them!

+9999999999999999 Lindys are the best don't waste them in a peavey raptor though
UG's Prodigal Son
Thanks, was looking at guitarcenter.com and I think Im gunna save for the Fender Strat HSS
My Gear
Peavy Raptor 1
75w Line 6 Spider lll Amp
Epiphone Les Paul (SH-4 JB Bridge, SH-2 Neck)
Squier Jazz Bass
Crate 30w Amp
Jasmine Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112