is bass necessary as my school has a lack of bass players. if there are any bands without bass can you note some aswell plz
yes.
Quote by boomboosh
What the f**k is you problems?
Yes, I made an account to ask this question. Is it really that weird? No. I wanted some feedback from some proper guitar experts who knew what they were talking about. Sorry, I guess I was wrong.
bass IS necessary
now matter how mixed down it may be
Dick+strings= owww
bass is extremely necessary! 1 band without a bass player is the doors, but they would always bring one into the studio for the albums
black keys
the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

Quote by GibsonRocker14
you can use guitar strings to skin carrots....

wait.... wuttt???
Quote by 100%guitarmad
White Stripes only have bass on one song (I think), and all the others sound fine.

What song?!
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
Well duh.
However, the White Stripes have no bassist.

+1
In most cases bass is pretty much crucial for a good sound,
though I suppose there are some genres that can go without a bassist and still have it work...
Quote by skajam
is bass necessary as my school has a lack of bass players. if there are any bands without bass can you note some aswell plz

See if your school has any keyboard players that can do a bass line on the keys. It's not ideal, but it's better than nothing.
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
Quote by 100%guitarmad
Hardest Button to Button
/Jack White Knowledge

I always thought that was him on a second guitar track, using the Whammy Pedal...?
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
I always thought that was him on a second guitar track, using the Whammy Pedal...?

No, don't think so, but I can do that on my Whammy
The White Stripes, Black Keys, The Doors, and Genghis Tron don't have bassists.

Genghis Tron does use Moog (and others) synths to create bass, and I think The Doors' keyboardist used organ pedals for bass.
Anyway, bass is very important, but depending on the kind of music you're making it doesn't have to be a real bassist.
Of course it sounds a lot better if it is.
White Stripes and Darkthrone don't have bassists. A lot of metal bands tend to almost completely mix them out, so it's not too big of a deal if you're playing that style.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by heaven's gate
The White Stripes, Black Keys, The Doors, and Genghis Tron don't have bassists.

Genghis Tron does use Moog (and others) synths to create bass, and I think The Doors' keyboardist used organ pedals for bass.
Anyway, bass is very important, but depending on the kind of music you're making it doesn't have to be a real bassist.
Of course it sounds a lot better if it is.

Ray Manzarek of the Doors used a Fender Rhodes Bass keyboard.

TS, though there have been some bands without bassists that have been successful, the overwhelming majority of good bands and bad ones, too, have a bassist.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
You know when you play guitar at home, it doesn't sound like a band, does it (obviously)?

Well if you play with guitar and drums it still doesn't sound like a real band (believe me, I did this for years).

Bass just gives for sound this sort of depth that transforms your entire sound and will suddenly (if you're aall competent muscicians) make you actually sound good.
Although not completely needed depending on the musical style, it's pretty important most of the time.
¤¤¤†¤¤¤

Quote by 'idioldude'

your a fucking retard i know how sinister is spelled but that is not how he spells his stage name it is synyster

Butthurt fanboys FTL
Yes a bass is absolutely necessary in any genre of music. I seen a band at Taste of Chaos called Idiot Pilot...who had a laptop instead of a bassist. I gave our bass player **** for weeks telling him we were going to buy a computer to replace him. I mean seriously...if we use computers to replace actual players, how long before nobody even picks up an instrument anymore?
Quote by CTFOD
White Stripes and Darkthrone don't have bassists. A lot of metal bands tend to almost completely mix them out, so it's not too big of a deal if you're playing that style.

Darkthrone has bass
Quote by eyebanez333
Yes a bass is absolutely necessary in any genre of music. I seen a band at Taste of Chaos called Idiot Pilot...who had a laptop instead of a bassist. I gave our bass player **** for weeks telling him we were going to buy a computer to replace him. I mean seriously...if we use computers to replace actual players, how long before nobody even picks up an instrument anymore?

and while we're at it, why don't we just completely replace all the bands with computers?
Quote by facethewaste
and while we're at it, why don't we just completely replace all the bands with computers?

Why don't we? And then we could get computers to get on a forum and talk about our computers that are now our musicians
well, it depends on what you're playing,
if your just gonna play powerchords or something like that it's gonna sound pretty weak
and now for something completely different..
The Yeah Yeah Yeahs don't have a bassist and they're pretty good. I used to wonder if bass was important too because its barely audible in a lot of songs but many people say bass is the foundation and drives the band. I love bass.
Quote by 100%guitarmad
White Stripes only have bass on one song (I think), and all the others sound terrible.

fixed.
you NEED bass. no question.
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm