So what if their totally different? OK, yea the dd-7 is digital and has tons of effects, i get that. but just doing straight analog/modulated delays, which one of these pedals is higher quality? I just want the clearest, most professional sounding delay that i can get.

i'd be using it for instrumental rock/other things

thanks!
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
personally I dislike all boss pedals
the carbon copy is really nice, I tried it but ended up going with the EHX #1 Echo as it suited my needs better

but if it was only between the MXR and Boss, Id go with the carbon copy

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
They are about equal in quality, but the DD-7 is going to be a lot more versatile.
If you want a soft, analog sounding delay, then the Carbon Copy is going to do a better job(obviously), but the DD-7 will be close behind and offer a ton more options for experimental, just plain weird and fun stuff, plus tap tempo.

It really all depends on what features you are more interested in.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

ENDLESS FEEDBACK MANIPULATOR σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Tyler Durden
personally I dislike all boss pedals
the carbon copy is really nice, I tried it but ended up going with the EHX #1 Echo as it suited my needs better

but if it was only between the MXR and Boss, Id go with the carbon copy

ok, ' cause i have like a total of $75 in gift certificate sorta things for best buy
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by bored_maniac33
ok, ' cause i have like a total of $75 in gift certificate sorta things for best buy

I don't think they sell pedals at Best Buy.
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." -Frank Zappa
Quote by SpockTheRock

I was thinking this too, then I checked their website and apparently they do. Weird.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Digitech Hardwire Delay pedal. Better than both of those. Please try one before you buy.

i don't know how much i will be able to try. ive tried the dd-6 and the dd-3 before, so i have a feel of what those are like

and yes, best buy sells a ton of guitar crap now
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by bored_maniac33
i don't know how much i will be able to try. ive tried the dd-6 and the dd-3 before, so i have a feel of what those are like

and yes, best buy sells a ton of guitar crap now

Ok, trust me when I tell you this, I played both (DD7 and CC) and actually bought the Carbon Copy. I traded it in on the new Hardwire delay and have never looked back. BEST delay pedal out there right now for the price. It even has an analog setting and tap tempo
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Ok, trust me when I tell you this, I played both (DD7 and CC) and actually bought the Carbon Copy. I traded it in on the new Hardwire delay and have never looked back. BEST delay pedal out there right now for the price. It even has an analog setting and tap tempo

yea, ive heard good things about it, what sold you on it? why was it that much better?
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
They do at some Best Buys.

for a CLEAR delay, Digital Delays produce the most exact replica of the guitars sound. Analog produces a warm and slightly muddy repeat. Both are really quite different sounding. I'd personally opt for the Digital since it has longer delay times, and be used for more riff/rhythms, and can actually sound quite good when applied to solos/leads.
I would go for the CC!
My gear:
Jackson RR3 moded (EMG 81/85, OFR)
Jackson JS30 (with Duncan JB/Jazz from my RR3)
Peavey studio pro 112
MXR Double shot dist.
MXR 10 band EQ
Crybaby 535Q

Metal Rulez
Quote by bored_maniac33
yea, ive heard good things about it, what sold you on it? why was it that much better?

All the options and the tone on the pedal sold me, it has digital, boutique, analog settings, it does not colour your tone ONE BIT, shut it off and it's not even there. Amazing pedal.
Quote by SpockTheRock

big best buys have an ok music section now.
Nthing to great but stuff that you can use.
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
Quote by Krzy8
big best buys have an ok music section now.
Nthing to great but stuff that you can use.

lol erm... they have american level fenders, upper level epiphones, and plenty fo other really nice guitars. in addition to that, they have some pretty expensive effects. sure, they don't have a lot, but what they do have is awesome
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
I have a dd7 and it does have an analog replica which aint to shabby.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
yea the CC is very nice, I especially like the mod on it. It makes it sound as though a wammy bar is slightly being applied to the repeats. It makes it sound very dreamy, i guess
yeah the looper is a great feature to have if you dont want to buy a full on loop.

the DD-7 is very versatile and has many functions like the tap tempo, loop, and analog mode.
i played the dd7 at guitar center recently and it sounded pretty good. the analog sound was okay, and the digital delay does have its purpose if you are palying stuff like buckethead's big sur moon or paul gilbert's echo song.

with that being said, i certainly like analog delays better. you can get some extraordinary tones using one. just think eric johnson sounding ambience. i have a DD6 right now and i am probably going to trade it for a carbon copy or a ehx memory man.
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Orange PPC212 w/ Celestion V30 and Celestion G12-75