hey guys, i'm just wondering if you can run an acoustic-electric through a normal tube guitar amp head. The amp is going to be a tiny terror. I'm wondering this for a few gigs, sometimes i like to play an acoustic song halfway through without the band, but can i do this when i get my tiny terror?
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Yea you can do it - wont guarantee that it will sound very good. Acoustic guitar amps are voiced much differently than electric guitar amps - so although you can play an acoustic through an electric guitar amp its not going to sound bright, full, and natural like it would through an acoustic guitar amp.
I play my Ovation through my VK and it sounds good. Not as good as a nice Acoustic Amp. But it gets the job done, I have no complaints.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Yeah you can, but i would recommend puttin on a lot of bass and having the presence on the guitar not too high as they tend to soundvery bright and borderline tinny.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
thanks guys, i'm not looking for it to sounds great, this is just for live performances.. in the studio i mic it..

would it be better to run it through a PA than a Guitar Amp?
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX