hey guys

pretty new to this and i kinda like it ... and i got one question (*god i hope i am doing this right*)

what are chorus pedals? what do they do? are they good? cos i saw a chorus pedal once (made by BOSS) and it just dont get wat they do ...

can somebody help me out on this please ????
They fatten your sound up, kind of like having two notes sound at once. Think of how a 12-string guitar sounds.
Quote by Joe_Jolly
oh ... ok by the way would you say BOSS make the best pedals?

ive heard good things about Electro-Harmonix Small Clone... and there not that expensive
Not best, but theyre pretty well constructed and good value for money generally.

If you want the best pedals, you have to spend £100s

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Quote by Joe_Jolly
oh ... ok by the way would you say BOSS make the best pedals?

not the best, but quite good i think
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Last edited by Vampire 255 at Dec 19, 2008,
i just bought a electro harmonix big muff + i have ibanez effects that were pretty sweet for only £60 quid each .... but thanks for the help guys ... moght save up for a chorus pedal.
Quote by SilverchairFan
Yes, BOSS are the best

you cant say that
Boss is the more popular brand, but "best" is subjective

My Carl Martin Classic Chorus kills the Boss Chorus, but thats my opinion

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
How is your ibanez synth pedal btw? I'm looking for one right now. I have my sights on the Boss SYB5 but I could do with info on others.

Gear:
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Quote by Jonnomainman
How is your ibanez synth pedal btw? I'm looking for one right now. I have my sights on the Boss SYB5 but I could do with info on others.

its pretty good mate ... i would actually recommend the 2 ibanez bass pedals i have ... they give a good overall sound ... especially with my hartke amp.
Quote by YoHendrix
ive heard good things about Electro-Harmonix Small Clone... and there not that expensive

+1

Got mine for $60 shipped off ebay...best chorus I've ever used.
Quote by eyebanez333
+1

Got mine for $60 shipped off ebay...best chorus I've ever used.

If you have the money, I would suggest dropping for an Analogman Clone Chorus, which is a massively improved clone of the Small Clone.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
The Ashdown chorus is also very good.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Sorry to high-jack the thread here, but anyone have any thoughts on the digitech chorus perdal?
Quote by Joe_Jolly
its pretty good mate ... i would actually recommend the 2 ibanez bass pedals i have ... they give a good overall sound ... especially with my hartke amp.

What's the tone like? Nice and thick? Does it track well? Is it polyphonic? Cheers

Gear:
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Quote by SilverchairFan
Yes, BOSS are the best

No, Boss are ok for modulation effects and not so great for distortion/od. All their pedals have buffered bypass which sucks tone. And you can do better for cheaper. Everyone just uses them because they're kind of an industry standard.
Quote by Anti-bucket
Sorry to high-jack the thread here, but anyone have any thoughts on the digitech chorus perdal?

I have one. Built solid. Sound great, even if its a little on the cold side.
Once again--the digitech chorus is a great pedal for the price. Amazing value for the money. I love mine to death and get quite a bit of use out of it.
Quote by anarkee
Once again--the digitech chorus is a great pedal for the price. Amazing value for the money. I love mine to death and get quite a bit of use out of it.

x2 its great pedal and its very cheap
EBS Unichorus, an amazing pedal and i must say great value for money considering what it is. Prob the next pedal get.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by anarkee

The trouble is that is a very warm, rich chorus. In heavier settings, it just won't cut through.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
For me that works rather well. I use is for classic rock and jazz mostly and its really wonderful in a jazz setting.
I use the Danelectro milkshake chorus and its alright, i usually use it for high melodic basslines and sometimes slam some distortion on it and turn the chorus rate and depth up full and it sounds wacky.
I would love to get an Electro Harmonix Clone theory to get Peter Hooks sound but as far as i know they dont make them anymore...
Bass....How low can you go?????
Quote by anarkee
For me that works rather well. I use is for classic rock and jazz mostly and its really wonderful in a jazz setting.

However, if you look at old Duff McKagan, he uses a very icy sounding chorus. Underneath the guitars he plays with, a warmer chorus would just sound muddy. However, his icy sounding chorus means he can cut though while still having a very beefy sound.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
The trouble is that is a very warm, rich chorus. In heavier settings, it just won't cut through.

I never thought of the Digitech as a very WARM chorus. I looked at it as a more icy and cold one
I would say that the digitech and the boss pedals are mediocre at best. They do the job but there is nothing special about them and they wont really stand out. On the other hand the EHX pedals are great but if your looking for the top of the line chorus pedals, id check out Analogman Bichorus pedal. I got to play a buddies who waited almost a year to get one and it was as orgasmic as playing a chorus pedal could be.
'85 Fender Reissue '75 Jazz Bass ---> Ashdown MAG300h
Schecter C/SH-1 ---> Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Quote by watchingmefall
I always thought the same.

I just think that when you play lower notes on it (which are the most used in damn near any genre) it gets so rich, it begins to sound warm. While the inherent tone of the pedal is quite icy, I find it puts the effect on the lower notes so much they sound very warm.

Then again, it might just be compared to the boss which I A/B it with, and found the boss incredibly icy sounding.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I would personally suggest EBS Uni-Chorus, very rich sound and also have Flanger and P.Shifter effects are incl. on the pedal. that is a higher end suggestion anyways