I'm looking at learning how to play guitar (never have before, should be interesting) and I'm not quite sure which guitar to get. Not really looking to spend tons of money until I know if I'm going to like it or not but at the same time I don't want to buy junk. The guy at the guitar shop I recommended a B.C. Rich Warlock bronze series (used in great shape for $149) and a new Ibanez RG120 for $199. Which of the two is better?

Obviously the Warlock is cooler looking, but if it's junk I can look past that. I don't really know what to look for between the two since I've never played, so I don't know which one I should pick. I mainly listen to rock music (stuff like Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet for My Valentine, Nirvana, Papa Roach, Blink 182, etc) if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the help.
get the ibanez, they make great low priced guitars.
Gear:

Ibanez RGT42DX
Boss MT-2
Get the ibanez. also if you do carry on playing you would regret buying a guitar because of its looks.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
I wouldn't buy either personally - but low end BC rich are junk

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
I went back to GC and the Warlock has a tag that says it's a bronze series, but it has the widow headstock. All the images online have the different one. Does that make a difference or maybe it's mistagged? The general consensus is that the Warlock Bronze series is junk, so I'm leaning towards the Ibanez, but at the same time having never touched a guitar am I going to be able to tell the difference in the quality (sound and buildwise)? I'm looking for an honest opinion on these 2 guitars. I want something I can get my feet wet and learn with without breaking the bank.
Just choose whichever guitar feels right to you. You're buying a low end guitar, so neither are gonna be the best guitars in the world ever, so just buy something you like and will enjoy playing. At the start of playing guitar, enjoyment is key, so choose whichever guitar looks and feels best to you. Just because some people who you've never met tell you that a guitar is no good, doesn't necessarily mean it is or isn't for you, it just means it doesn't suit them.

Besides Hendrix/Slash/Li/Dimebag/A.N.Other would make anything with six strings sound like the coolest thing on earth!

Good luck buying and playing!
I would say go with the Warlock because it doesn't have a tremolo. It's also cheaper and you don't know what you're looking for. You won't be able to tell which one feels better since you've never played before. Tremolo equipped guitars can be a pain sometimes, especially when you're learning and learning songs with different tunings.
Don't buy an ibanez with a tremolo if it's really cheap.
Don't buy a bronze warlock AT ALL, they're pretty bad, least the ones I've played have been.

Are there any other options?

How about a nice Pacifica?
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by Gregoric
Don't buy an ibanez with a tremolo if it's really cheap.

They're not that bad actually. The couple newer ones I tried worked well, though you can't do crazy whammy tricks with them. Cheap Ibanez guitars with double locking trems aren't good, but those with two-point non-locking trems like the GRG170 are okay.

Quote by Gregoric

Don't buy a bronze warlock AT ALL, they're pretty bad, least the ones I've played have been.

+1

Quote by Gregoric

How about a nice Pacifica?

+1
I'd take one of those over a GRG, but that's preference. I just like the look and the pickups better.
Quote by TheQuailman
They're not that bad actually. The couple newer ones I tried worked well, though you can't do crazy whammy tricks with them. Cheap Ibanez guitars with double locking trems aren't good, but those with two-point non-locking trems like the GRG170 are okay.

+1

+1
I'd take one of those over a GRG, but that's preference. I just like the look and the pickups better.

Yeha I had a grg170dx and they're not bad, but they're still a bitch to change tuning with, still require a similar setup to an FR, which is why I would say avoid them if this is TS' first guitar (Im figuring it is since he's looking at beginner models) and something with a fixed bridge would be better, just not that bronze warlock.

Anyways Pacifica's are just as versatile as a GRG but without the headache, you neve know what he's gonna get into, he might want to experiment with down-tuning etc. and that's gna be difficult on a GRG.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by Ibanezshred333
Get the Ibanez. B.C. Rich is not usually gonna be that good.

B.C. Rich guitars ROCK!
Quote by Tyler Durden
I wouldn't buy either personally - but low end BC rich are junk

THEY ARE NOT!!!!!!!!
Quote by warbeast19
THEY ARE NOT!!!!!!!!

Yes they are. Play some good guitars and compare them to your BC Rich and you will see.
Listen to qualiman.

He has a custom shop strat.

Anyone that gets a fender custom shop over a gibson knows what they're talking about.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Alright guys, thanks for the input. I'm definitely leaning away from the B.C. Rich now. It seems like the people that recommend the B.C Rich are the people that have them, whereas people that don't recommend tons of other guitars. LOL I'm going to try both of them out and see which one is more comfortable to play and decide which one to get from there.
Quote by warbeast19
THEY ARE NOT!!!!!!!!

nice triple post, its called EDIT, and yes they are junk, most guitars under 300-500 bucks are started or junk. hence low end BC RICH. iv played many BC RICH guitars and bronze warlock is the worst. Go with the ibanez.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by TheQuailman
^^

Do I hear mockery? If not, I might still just be a spoiled brat with an expensive guitar, you know.

No mockery at all you rich wanker!
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Quote by warbeast19
B.C. Rich guitars ROCK!

BC Rich Bronze Series guitars suck harder than a ****in black hole.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w