Poll: Joke or not
Poll Options
View poll results: Joke or not
Joke
17 28%
Not
44 72%
Voters: 61.
Everyone knows Coca Cola made him up so is he cool or not?
Sarcasm is beautiful, think about it.
No they didn't.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
I'm pretty sure that Coca-Cola didn't make him up, they just made him who he is today by changing his suit from black to red i believe.

He's cooler than you, and that's all that matters.

EDIT: All TRUE METAL FANS believe in Santa, he is BR00TALZ!!!

80th best UGer
Last edited by mustangrobert13 at Dec 18, 2008,
Quote by yeoman125
they made him red, he used to be green

This man knows his festive holidays.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Coca Cola did pretty much make him popular in an advert in he 20th century
Quote by DIV ON!
Coca Cola did pretty much make him popular in an advert in he 20th century

You're making the '20th century' sound so long ago
Yeh hes alright, i never really believed in him though
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
The Santa Claus we know.. depicted as a plump, jolly, white-bearded man wearing a red coat with white collar and cuffs, red pants, and black leather belt and boots...was brought into American culture in the 19th century, and most credit for this goes to a political cartoonist named Thomas Nast. Not coca-cola.
According to google, it wasn't Coca Cola that made him red, just popularised that image.

This advert pre-dates coke-

VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by Nickm13
The Santa Claus we know.. depicted as a plump, jolly, white-bearded man wearing a red coat with white collar and cuffs, red pants, and black leather belt and boots...was brought into American culture in the 19th century, and most credit for this goes to a political cartoonist named Thomas Nast. Not coca-cola.

this man knows whats up

thomas nast created the image of santa claus that we know today and help in his popularization. He's also the man responsible for the donkey and elephant as representations for the democratic and republican parties in the US
Originally Posted by NAME GOES HERE
Dude, with a name like Cannibal Corpse, what were you expecting? Ponies and rainbows?

Quote by Twist of fate
Al Gore invented Santa Clause, stupid

He's just a myth, Al Gore isn't real.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
oh man

only in america

I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Quote by frankv
Didn't they shape him to look the way he does today?

Not quite.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
It's pretty cool that in places like Germany and Austria they say that the baby Jesus brings the presents and not Saint Nicholas. But they have a holiday on the 6th of December where Saint Nicholas brings presents.
yeah I'm pretty sure in germany they have Sankt Nikolaus Tag in the the 6th and he puts stuff in your shoes..I never heard anything about baby jesus tho lol...I have many doubts about that being true

but they do have santa claus's evil twin Krampus that is like a gremlin elf that beats bad kids with sticks and stuff
Dude, with a name like Cannibal Corpse, what were you expecting? Ponies and rainbows?

Quote by lpguitarplayer3
yeah I'm pretty sure in germany they have Sankt Nikolaus Tag in the the 6th and he puts stuff in your shoes..I never heard anything about baby jesus tho lol...I have many doubts about that being true

but they do have santa claus's evil twin Krampus that is like a gremlin elf that beats bad kids with sticks and stuff

I used to work in a german part of Switzerland (Zurich) and that is where I heard the baby Jesus thing (Christkind).

Yeah, he's pretty awesome. Terrible movie though.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Coca-Cola never created him, decades/centuries ago in Norwegia or somewhere in Europe (Germany? ^) there was St Nick. Coke were responsible for heavy propotion of Santa though.
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Have to give you props that the funniest post I read in a while
Quote by GogglesVK

hazardmaster has won this thread.

Fender Stratocaster 57' Reissue (Japanese)
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Santa is an anagram of Satan. He's just an idea made up so parents aren't blamed for not getting kids their presents because they can't afford them.
Quote by fl+t
I used to work in a german part of Switzerland (Zurich) and that is where I heard the baby Jesus thing (Christkind).

perhaps you are right then...I just have no memory of my german teacher saying anything about baby jesus....he was a major DB anyway lol...

I still think Krampus is hilarious though lol...them crazy germans

I heard today that they didnt invent him.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..